• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Engraving question

JDG.

Default rank 5000+ posts
Silent Professional
165   0
Reaction score
Ok so I have 2 stamps back on weapons that need engraving. I'd like to stay local(marrietta to douglasville) does anyone know a place that can do a Sig556 and an ar15?

Second question, my engravings are for a trust. What do I need to put for the trust part? My stamp paperwork says Greenberg Revocable living trust, but can I just engrave "Greenberg trust"? or do I need to engrave the whole "Greenberg Revocable Living Trust"

I ask because I've seen this but dont know all the facts behind it.

20120906_052238_1024.jpg

There is a place in Suwanee that does engraving. Specialty Engraving, Mrs. Smith does a heck of a job and has done many of them. Just make sure you tell them that it is for an SBR.

Thanks guys I was thinking that I have to do the whole engraving but some people seem not too and I dont know the facts.

Outsydlookin, appreciate the suggestion, trying to find someone closer first. going up 85 is not ideal for me or any one really....

Couple things.

Need full name of the trust.

Also, you will probably need to stay with it while they are engraving, unless they are an SOT, as they are now handling an NFA firearm that isnt theirs. I know, I know, some will point to an ATF letter XYZ saying that technically without the barrel on it, its not technically an NFA weapon, but better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks I weill be doing the full name, guess thats a fact on that one.

I dont need to stay with the weapons afaik because they are not NFA items yet . The sig556 still has the 16" barrel and the ar15 has no upper for it. so like you said they are technically not nfa. Ill prob stay with the engraver if I can find a local one, shouldnt take too long to do 2 weapons. I will even do a trophie shop if I can and blue them later.

Back
Top Bottom