• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Doubled Up for My Boy - UPd 30 July 2023

I appreciate your kind words, but my boy did all the work. 👍👍
On THAT day he did. I tried to get my son interested in the outdoors, and he's just not. It was the single most important bond me and my dad had so it kills me. I regret not trying harder but I said I'd never force anything, so he's off doing his thing. You did well and I hope you all have a lifetime of outdoors enjoyment together!

On THAT day he did. I tried to get my son interested in the outdoors, and he's just not. It was the single most important bond me and my dad had so it kills me. I regret not trying harder but I said I'd never force anything, so he's off doing his thing. You did well and I hope you all have a lifetime of outdoors enjoyment together!

I feel for you. It is sad. BUT you did and are doing the right thing- accepting and supporting. And the future is unwritten - maybe it comes full circle and your son dabbles in the outdoors, or has children and they get into the outdoors with their grandpa (you)! :)

My boy has been with me outside from the start. I worked at night so I could be at home raising him and taking him everywhere. I sit back more now and watch him make the cast, see if he spots the fish I spotted and target casts to it, etc. I want to fish but I find myself spectating slightly more and more. LOL.

Hope you and yours find yourself outdoors now and then 👍👍

Back
Top Bottom