• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which flies for July trout fishing N. GA?

new57

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
103   0
Reaction score
My boy has a bug for trout fishing. It is foreign to me. We have been using our spinning gear and various flies to fish for trout. I have a mess of flies but I don't know much about them. From my boy's reading online it seems different months have different flies and smart (older, bigger) trout know the difference.

While my boy works away online trying to identify the flies we have, does anyone have any recommendations for:
- websites that they find useful for identifying flies or which flies to use during which months?
- which flies are best used now in July?

Any links, insight, info is greatly appreciated. Be it here or in a PM. Here is a pic of my boy working online trying to figure out the flies we have and when to use them.
20230705_134211.jpg

My boy has a bug for trout fishing. It is foreign to me. We have been using our spinning gear and various flies to fish for trout. I have a mess of flies but I don't know much about them. From my boy's reading online it seems different months have different flies and smart (older, bigger) trout know the difference.

While my boy works away online trying to identify the flies we have, does anyone have any recommendations for:
- websites that they find useful for identifying flies or which flies to use during which months?
- which flies are best used now in July?

Any links, insight, info is greatly appreciated. Be it here or in a PM. Here is a pic of my boy working online trying to figure out the flies we have and when to use them.
View attachment 5917677
Shoot me a dm. I’ll get you pointed in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom