• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Doubled Up for My Boy - UPd 30 July 2023

Yeah, but he is gaining real world experience and knowledge that can be useful if needed. All this computer game crap is ok for learning technology to a certain degree but if the power goes then that knowledge is useless. On top of that they aren’t able to keep you fed. The stuff he is able to do will allow him to survive if it came down to it.

Yeah, but he is gaining real world experience and knowledge that can be useful if needed. All this computer game crap is ok for learning technology to a certain degree but if the power goes then that knowledge is useless. On top of that they aren’t able to keep you fed. The stuff he is able to do will allow him to survive if it came down to it.

Agreed. Life craft, not mind craft. And I agree video games are fun and OK in moderation.

Problem I see it is parents allow kids free run on electronics so kids are pacified so parents can do what they want and enjoy the easy street of not actively parenting.

Last Summer he learned how to use impact and air compressor.

UPDATE 30 JULY 2023

My boy has continued to fish since my original post. He placed 3rd in one rodeo, skunked in another tournament, and just yesterday won 1st in another rodeo. In between he has been fishing for trout up north, and warmouth, gar, and pickerel down south.

He loves fishing, and he is competitive, and he likes winning prizes and awards. I just try to remind him enjoy what you're doing so whether you place or not you can smile.

Pic of top 3 place winners yesterday.

20230729_143805.jpg

Back
Top Bottom