• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't drink and gunsmith......

Problem is, you messed it up drunk, and you're trying to fix it sober. You're gonna have to tie a new one on to get back in the right mindset.

Heat it up red hot with a torch, pound your thumb with a hammer, then chunk the lower across the yard. when you go pick it up, it'll be fixed.

If not, stare at it for a long time. I mean really long, like miss a meal, long. It could help.

I've never done anything this kind of stupid. All my stupids were on pistols. Post pics and a solution after you get it out- don't take it to that guy that thinks he can fix it. This is a learning experience.

Thanks brother! I'm on a mission to get this fixed. I'll post pics when it's fixed. Not the end of the world. I guess if I was to screw up on anything, this was the right part to screw up on. I may leave the 12 pack for after I fix it this time LOL

I efiled a form 1 on this lower, otherwise it would be that big of a deal.
Good example on why I would advise anyone registering a lower to make sure it functions perfectly, even before getting it engraved.
Hope you can do the 'drill a hole in the other side and drive out the pin' fix.

If you're painting the lower anyway, you could drill through the lower so you can tap the roll pin out, then plug the hole with some jb weld and file smooth before painting. Noone would ever know butt you (and this thread).

IF it were me, I'd be tempted to find a steel pin that will fit in the hole in the roll pin (I know it's small), grind a ledge on the end and see if I couldn't snag the blind side, clamping the pin in a vise grip and trying to get it to come out enough to clamp on to the roll pin. I'd try this until I made it work because I'm bullheaded.

Once I installed a P220 mag release in backwards. Once it's in, it's pretty much in, but after a few hours with a trimmed feeler gauge I managed to get it out without damage. I've seen many break the frame to get the mag release out, so it was a win that time.

@Nonliberal any advice Bryan? I've got to come see you soon anyway to get this thing engraved.
Looks like he has you covered brother! Look at his ads on here!
Us ODT guys stick together!:becky:
Dobbs Ads.jpg

Back
Top Bottom