• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't drink and gunsmith......

Problem is, you messed it up drunk, and you're trying to fix it sober. You're gonna have to tie a new one on to get back in the right mindset.

Heat it up red hot with a torch, pound your thumb with a hammer, then chunk the lower across the yard. when you go pick it up, it'll be fixed.

If not, stare at it for a long time. I mean really long, like miss a meal, long. It could help.

I've never done anything this kind of stupid. All my stupids were on pistols. Post pics and a solution after you get it out- don't take it to that guy that thinks he can fix it. This is a learning experience.

Problem is, you messed it up drunk, and you're trying to fix it sober. You're gonna have to tie a new one on to get back in the right mindset.

Heat it up red hot with a torch, pound your thumb with a hammer, then chunk the lower across the yard. when you go pick it up, it'll be fixed.

If not, stare at it for a long time. I mean really long, like miss a meal, long. It could help.

I've never done anything this kind of stupid. All my stupids were on pistols. Post pics and a solution after you get it out- don't take it to that guy that thinks he can fix it. This is a learning experience.

Awesome advice! It is Friday. Get hammered and try it again OP.

I feel your pain. I once put on a magpul front BUS backwards. lol

At this point, I would probably drill (or have a machine shop drill) a hole on the opposite side to drive out the pin. Not sure if that would compromise the integrity of the lower but I doubt it.

Or you could just cutoff the trigger guard and then cut through the middle of it (through pin) and carefully pry off each half. All it takes is some finesse, a Dremel, and another 12 pack.

That's strong idea.

So I form 1'd a new lower for a build I'm doing and my wife and I had a few drinks....ok...I had a few more. My KAC trigger guard came in and I guess I couldn't wait and accidentally put the damn thing on backwards; hammered the crap out of it and now I cant get it out. Yes, I'm an idiot, but you all know you've done similar :). I even took it to a local gunsmith that I trust and he couldn't get it out either; said I need to take it to a machine shop now.

Any suggestions?

Here's a couple pics; nice looking build other than by botched up trigger guard.

View attachment 868001 View attachment 868002

the only way I've found to remove the pin is to find a drill bit that just fits inside the roll pin. drill all the way through the lower. then find a drill bit that's the same OD as the installed roll pin and drill the other side of the lower using the first hole you drilled as a guide. trust me, you will know when to stop when you hit the roll pin. then just tap the pin through. then you should be able to install the trigger guard correctly.

You are not the first to do this, believe me.

Back
Top Bottom