• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does your handgun have a round in the chamber?

The extractor slightly protrudes and serves as a loaded chamber indicator on many guns, including Glocks, so for reassurance I have made it a habit to run my trigger finger over the extractor before/after holstering. You can feel the protrusion as opposed to it resting flush when the chamber is empty. I also do a visual check every time I leave the house. Regardless, I always assume it's chambered.

I'm in the minority as my answer is no. I don't carry and I keep loaded magazines in just a couple of my guns in the safe. I've always felt I could chamber in a split second if need be. I have small kids and while I would never leave a loaded gun near them, heaven forbid I did there wouldn't be one in the pipe. To me it's a safety thing I guess.

I'm in the minority as my answer is no. I don't carry and I keep loaded magazines in just a couple of my guns in the safe. I've always felt I could chamber in a split second if need be. I have small kids and while I would never leave a loaded gun near them, heaven forbid I did there wouldn't be one in the pipe. To me it's a safety thing I guess.

images.jpg

I just hope your attacker doesnt have one in the chamber either.

Back
Top Bottom