• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does your handgun have a round in the chamber?

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I would have sworn my did as well. The other night my family and I had just return from the weekend at the beach. I had carried my Glock 26 with an extended magazine all weekend. I was returning it back to the flush magazine and I went to eject the round to practice dry fire for a bit. At that point I realized I had been carrying a gun with no round in the chamber. Honestly it has taken me a few days to post this due to embarrassment but felt I should share. I have always been taught treat all guns as if they are loaded because they were. All my life my daddy has taught me an unloaded gun will get you killed. That suddenly seems more real. I guess what this has taught me is always double check. I dryfire a good bit and am always careful to safety check for a unloaded chamber this reminds me to also check for a loaded one when Im done.

Yup, my CCW (XDs-45) has a loaded chamber indicator so I know there's one in the pipe!

My backup (Shield) has a peep hole that allows you to look and see if there's brass showing.

Good public service announcement though!

I guess the good news is I have practiced tap rack bang. The even better news is I found out in my bathroom rather than a restaurant or parking lot.

An occasional presscheck is always a good idea to confirm a loaded chamber.

This. Could not imagine not having a round in the chamber in any weapon.

If I set my carry weapon down or put it up overnight it gets a quick press check or a quick finger over the extractor indicator when it goes back on the belt. Once a day, beginning every day. I usually carry a Glock19Gen3 so running a finger over the extruded extractor works fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom