• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does your handgun have a round in the chamber?

Yeah…Why would it not?

ct-ent-beck-bennett-1.jpg-20130130.jpeg

An occasional presscheck is always a good idea to confirm a loaded chamber.

One of the two loudest sounds in the world is a "click" instead of a "bang"....

Reminds me of a story one of my old First Sergeants told us young marines during a session on keeping your weapon clean and ready.
He was in the invasion of Okinawa, during a slight break in the fight he sat down on a tree stump and a Japaneses soldier charged out of hiding place about 40 feet away at a dea run right for him with fixed bayonet;
he grabbed his Thompson brought it up on target and pulled the trigger.....CLUNK....
Closing statement , "I've been in the corps for more than twenty years around bombs, artillery , aircraft ordnance and naval gunfire...but that damn clunk, was THE LOUDEST SOUND I've ever heard in my entire life."

Another marine near him killed the Jap with an M1 and saved hi az.

Reminds me of a story one of my old First Sergeants told us young marines during a session on keeping your weapon clean and ready.
He was in the invasion of Okinawa, during a slight break in the fight he sat down on a tree stump and a Japaneses soldier charged out of hiding place about 40 feet away at a dea run right for him with fixed bayonet;
he grabbed his Thompson brought it up on target and pulled the trigger.....CLUNK....
Closing statement , "I've been in the corps for more than twenty years around bombs, artillery , aircraft ordnance and naval gunfire...but that damn clunk, was THE LOUDEST SOUND I've ever heard in my entire life."

Another marine near him killed the Jap with an M1 and saved hi az.

Sorry, didn't mean to side track the thread...it just reminded and old guy of a story from the past.

Back
Top Bottom