• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DHS: No more hesitation targets. Pictures of pregnant women, little boys and girls

Unfortunately sometimes the threat is a pregnant women, old men etc. Believe it or not those officers may not only be protecting themselves but also you the innocent public which includes you and your family. Alot of officers do hestitate more when they are the target and they are the ones who leave behind widows.
Some of you may understand that those who are sworn to protect and strap on a weapon every day are regular folks who would die in order that you may live.
Those are the guys I work with. They are also just as concerned about the gun bans and the 2nd amendment as you are.

Those type targets are also used in certain drills-not "target practice" or as qual targets.

Thanks for the reply. The political climate today has everyone on edge, and even though LEO training has always included distinguishing good guys from bad guys, this does seem to be over the top in my humble opinion. Why no blacks, Arabs, Hispanics, etc.? Less than 5% of the black population are responsible for nearly 70% of gun crimes, and yet the government sees the elderly, female, and adolescent whites as the threat? I know, it is for the good of the country. Isn't it always? My wife worked with a woman whose husband was killed during a no knock warrant when the husband panicked and went for his gun. The police had the wrong house. I'm sure trying to catch someone in the act of making meth is always worth the collateral damage in the end, all in the name of public safety. I would venture to say that any of these targets being discussed above would result from the police initiating the engagement, not vice versa. This "us against them" mentality has got to stop.

I don't think the issue is their race. The could of all been mexican for all I care (I am mexican.) I think its ****ed up that they have a target of a pregnant woman and small children. I can understand, kinda sorta, why LE would use this but whoever came up with this is a SICK ****!

Why give them a reason to? WHY would children (sorry buddy the kid in picture isn't a "teen"), pregnant women or the elderly EVER threaten a "Homeland Security" officer? Has it ever happened?

I do not wish to insult anyone but I've never seen as much outright nonsense in my life. I suspect that I was making felony arrests when a good many of the posters (both private citizen and LE officers) were still messing their diapers.
For those who can see hesitation in the eyes of a paper target. I'm glad I never had to go through a door with you.
NO LE OFFICER WANTS TO TAKE A LIFE! However, training is required and that requires PAPER TARGETS. They are not meant to desinsitive the officer but rather prepare him for the situations he or she may encounter. For those LE officers posting on the ODT I would assume you have been through Shoot Don't Shoot training that makes these targets look tame.If you have not, your a Security Guard or someone who's unqualified to comment on serious Law Enforcement training.
As I commented, No Insult intended. But, unless you have experienced incoming fire and returned it.You are a Monday morning quarterback.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom