• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Denied purchasing a gun at WalMart because I stated...

You are buying for YOURSELF, to use YOURSELF to teach YOUR son firearms safety, maintenance and how to sport short and hunt..You purchased for YOURSELF to be used by YOURSELF as a TOOL for education and training. Just don't turn him loose in the woods on his own with it.
He is a minor as long as he is in your presence, you are in possession and control thru adult supervision even though he may holding it in his hands.

Don't over complicate your life with trying to be semantically precise with the dissection of every word in the language.

Sales people are programmed to err on the side of caution and ANY comment contrary to what is specifically in front of them is a NO...
Same principle as alcohol sales...I'm 65 years old with a head full of gray hair and yet many, many waiters/waitresses id me for a beer when it is quite obvious I am not a minor.
The rule is -- no exceptions --no mistakes of selling to a minor and creating a problem you don't want to deal with and losing your job.

Last edited:
Is it incorrect for gun manufacturers to market and sell a gun towards "Youths"?
No, that's a big market for them. The problem is everyones afraid of getting into trouble with the ATF, laws are so screwy it's getting harder to tell what's legally right from wrong

Last edited:
I may be wrong but I thought legal ownership is when you remain with care, custody and control of an item. Unless you permit him to independantly assume the C,C, & C of the firearm it is legally yours. Just my 2 cents.

Just open the form to page 4 and show the sales person the ATF explaination:

i45.tinypic.com_10ylvzp.jpg

I bought an AR yesterday......to give to my son for Christmas.....even told the guy I was doing it. No problems...it was a face to face sale from here on the ODT. No Fuss, No Forms, No Problems.

I bought an AR yesterday......to give to my son for Christmas.....even told the guy I was doing it. No problems...it was a face to face sale from here on the ODT. No Fuss, No Forms, No Problems.

Will you adopt me?

An AR for Christmas?!? :target:

That being said...to the OP....first mistake? Tried to buy a gun at Walmart. :pout:

Back
Top Bottom