• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deleted Facebook Yet?

TresMonos

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
It's Great To Be Back Home
138   0
Reaction score
And THIS boys and girls, is why I will never be a FB user.....

https://9to5mac.com/2021/04/03/personal-data-from-over-500m-facebook-users-leaked-online/
(the Business Insider link in the article has a paywall.....another thing I will never give in to)

The phone numbers and personal data of over 553 million Facebook users have been published online for free by a user in a low-level hacking forum, according to Business Insider. At least 100 countries are included in this leak, with data from 32 million users in the U.S. and 11 millions users in the UK.

This breach includes phone numbers, Facebook IDs, full names, locations, birth dates, bios, and in some cases email addresses.

Alon Gal said:
A database of that size containing the private information such as phone numbers of a lot of Facebook’s users would certainly lead to bad actors taking advantage of the data to perform social engineering attacks [or] hacking attempts.

And also your information is already on the internet all I need is your full name and state even better your city if your name isn't generic and I can find your address, age, phone numbers, records, family members, past addresses. Kinda hard to stay off the grid unless you don't have **** or everything is off the books, or in someone else's name.

I've never had a Facebook account, but I sometimes get the feeling that you don't even have to have a Facebook account for them to already have this info.
One only need to take quick look at that failed college frat boy CEO Liberal Robot automaton to see, "Why the eff do I belong to this crap?"

I've never had a Facebook account, but I sometimes get the feeling that you don't even have to have a Facebook account for them to already have this info.
Probably true but here's a question for all the FB users out there.....why make it easier for them?

Also, for those that say ODT is like FB, Has the ODT ever been hacked?

Back
Top Bottom