• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deleted Facebook Yet?

Face**** is quite the haven for the look at me and my pathetic life bunch.
I'd hate for my life to be so unfulfilling that I had to live fictitiously and lie about my unhappiness daily (and for many, hourly) just for the attention gained on face****.
Truly sad imo and has greatly contributed to the degradation of this once great nation.
For the most part... I’d tend to agree with that sentiment.

Agreed. I don't need to see someone's fake portrayal of their life nor do I care what they have to say.

The fake portrayal is what got me off of it entirely, not that I was ever an avid user. People become PR agents for their profiles, which represent these alternate reality characters who don't actually exist. There's something about it that encourages normal people to behave in bizarre and narcissistic ways. At some point I realized that, even though I was trying to interact with people I knew well, I didn't know how to interact with their online alter-egos.

Face**** is quite the haven for the look at me and my pathetic life bunch.
I'd hate for my life to be so unfulfilling that I had to live fictitiously and lie about my unhappiness daily (and for many, hourly) just for the attention gained on face****.
Truly sad imo and has greatly contributed to the degradation of this once great nation.

A site full of Exhibitionists and Voyeurs.

The fake portrayal is what got me off of it entirely, not that I was ever an avid user. People become PR agents for their profiles, which represent these alternate reality characters who don't actually exist. There's something about it that encourages normal people to behave in bizarre and narcissistic ways. At some point I realized that, even though I was trying to interact with people I knew well, I didn't know how to interact with their online alter-egos.
I don't do FB but what you see here on ODT is me or maybe a milder version of me, if that is possible. Most don't like me because they are offended by my speaking the truth and usually in a direct way. And that is OK with me.

Back
Top Bottom