• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scams on facebook

boinky

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
0   0
Reaction score
I don't facebook, but my buddy does. He is buying a jeep for 20k and it's worth easily 35k. The guy only takes PayPal, cash or money order. My buddy told the guy a month ago he would buy it, however my buddy can't pick it up until Jan 1.

I told him this is a scam. He said it can't be because it's on Facebook plus im.paying through PayPal so I can get my money back.

I don't do PayPal or Facebook, so I really don't know. It sounds like a major scam to me. Am I wrong?

Can’t pick up until Jan 1 because of the buyer or the seller?

Tell him not to transfer funds until he’s in person with keys / title in hand. If the seller wants prepayment then it’s probably a scam.

If PayPal tell him not to do Friends and Family which makes it difficult or impossible to get the money back. Note that the standard option (not F&F) charges the seller a % (~3% ?) so most likely the seller won’t go this route.

Cash and cashiers checks in person, at the time of transfer of possession and title are the way to go.

So the guy wants payment now and deliver the truck in January??
Bwahahaha !!
Bullshish !! I know that he isn’t that dumb is he? If he is then you need new friends …..

DONT PAY UNTIL YOU GET TITLE AND VEHICLE IN HAND !! Exchange payment at same time you get the vehicle with title. That is simple !

Back
Top Bottom