• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

deer in distress

Apparantly from what I'm read, lots of people salvage roadkill deer meat... Free meat!!! I like how it's not going to waste.

I use to work part time at a deep processor and saw all sorts of stuff come thru. But yes, I will grab one up in a hurry if I'm present when it's hit. I don't think I would grab one that I found unless it was still steaming.

call me crazy, but if you drilled one with a car, then took possession of it... don't u have to tag it?? Car, Bullet, Arrow, spear, whatever, you still dropped a dear, and then took possession of it. Stupid question I know, but for sake of conversation, Id like to know.

-Carlo

call me crazy, but if you drilled one with a car, then took possession of it... don't u have to tag it?? Car, Bullet, Arrow, spear, whatever, you still dropped a dear, and then took possession of it. Stupid question I know, but for sake of conversation, Id like to know.

-Carlo

Legally, I don't think you can have the deer unless you have a tag. But in reality... it's roadkill and 99% of the time the carcass would be left to rot on the side of the road and go to waste. So I don't think it's bad to take the deer. One of those grey law areas.

Back
Top Bottom