• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

deer in distress

Npowers66

Default rank <5000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
358   1
Reaction score
So riding with my friend the other night on 575. All of a sudden. Bam! We hit a deer. We pulled off to the side and called the police. While waiting for them to come we went and looked for the deer. My friend asked if I was carrying. I was not. Then I started to wonder. If we did find the deer still alive and suffering , could I end its misery without getting in trouble ?

Negative dont do it! I've thought about that too so I asked the game warden and its not legal because your discharging a firearm that close to a road which equals a big fat ticket! And they could prob get you for poaching and other things too if they want to push it. I hunt, not sure if you do or not, but just cut its throat to end it, or if your an animal lover, bring it to the vet! Lol. And take it and skin it and get the good meat. Don't let it go to waste if its that fresh.

Negative dont do it! I've thought about that too so I asked the game warden and its not legal because your discharging a firearm that close to a road which equals a big fat ticket! And they could prob get you for poaching and other things too if they want to push it. I hunt, not sure if you do or not, but just cut its throat to end it, or if your an animal lover, bring it to the vet! Lol. And take it and skin it and get the good meat. Don't let it go to waste if its that fresh.

^ This.....I've asked a LEO friend of mine the same question and she said the same thing. She said she would not ticket for it, but could.

This is one of those that often falls to officers discretion. Technically discharging a firearm within 150' of a public rd./ hwy. is a misdemeanor unless in a self-defense context.

I would think it would have possibly been more complicated had you done so & a responding Officer smelt the alcohol on your breath.

Yeah, to be on the safe side I'm cutting it's throat deep and wide (like OJ did to Nicole). :hungry:
Wouldn't be calling the law neither cause I drive clunkers with just liability insurance. Lol

Back
Top Bottom