• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deck builder

image.jpg
Mine first?

I finally got my deck started last week, just about got it buttoned up. Its just shy of 6" off the ground where its at, just a little below ground level on the house so that it sits below the siding so I can rip it off and replace it next year (hopefully) along with the windows and put a door in where the living room window sits over the deck.. Then hopefully an HVAC system the year after that.

6x6 beams burried 3' in the ground set in concrete, 2x12 doubled bands and 2x10s on 24 center with 2x8 floor.. Most of the lumber came with the house, well I say came with the house, I paid an extra $3 grand for it. I didn't want it and the PO didn't want to take it with him.. he had accepted an offer (but I hadn't had it in writing yet) for the house without the lumber, then when we went to do the contract he changed his mind and decided he needed an extra 3 grand cause he wasn't taking it with him.. a lot of it was warped and no good and was used on other little projects here and there. Deck is 12'x24'. I'm happy with how it turned out, Buddy and I got this much done in 1 weekend of work just the two of us. Just saying maybe its a project you could take on by yourself.. I remember you having kids but dont remember if they are boys or girls and how old but it could be a fun father son project if applicable :)

don't mind the 2x6 in the corner, its what we were walking on till we got the ramp built, which for some reason was the last thing we did before we gave up the night before :lol:

20150605_184905.jpg

20150606_190705.jpg

Yall can talk about either one. I need this to stay at the top until I get a deck built. I know someone on here can make sure I get a deck!

Just a small one is all I need. Lol

Thats what he said.
Building one for my brother this weekend. Sorry only do this for me and family. No time for anything else. GLWB
LAst one I built was in 07
deck.JPG

Back
Top Bottom