• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tornado/ Storm/bomb shelter builder- Forsyth, Ga Monroe County.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is that a home shelter may not be that good for the end of the world as we know it when packs of zombies and teenagers roam the earth looking for people to rob, but it may be the best thing in the world if there is a tornado coming or any other natural disaster (less flood) that may come along. It has always felt comforting to me to be able to go to the downstairs shelter when a storm is brewing. It has flashlights, fresh air exchange and is built to FEMA specifications. It's the best $6,000 I've spent lately.

I'll say this.. met a guy over in SC a few years ago. I bought something off marketplace. Anyway we got to talking about guns and trucks and bull****. I didn't know this guy from Adam. Idk if he trusted me or just didn't care, but he said hey, you wanna check something out? I said sure. So out behind his house was a little metal garden shed. Inside was a lawn mower, few tools and odds and ins. So he proceeds to go over and push a little desk out of the way, revealing a door in the floor. I think to myself wtf? So he opens it up and we head down into the ground. LED can lights started lighting up. We go down take a left into a vault like door. Go past that, hallway, bunk beds, shelves with rations. Mags. Gas masks, whole 9 yards. Coolest **** I've ever seen in person. Looked like something straight out or a movie.

I'll say this.. met a guy over in SC a few years ago. I bought something off marketplace. Anyway we got to talking about guns and trucks and bull****. I didn't know this guy from Adam. Idk if he trusted me or just didn't care, but he said hey, you wanna check something out? I said sure. So out behind his house was a little metal garden shed. Inside was a lawn mower, few tools and odds and ins. So he proceeds to go over and push a little desk out of the way, revealing a door in the floor. I think to myself wtf? So he opens it up and we head down into the ground. LED can lights started lighting up. We go down take a left into a vault like door. Go past that, hallway, bunk beds, shelves with rations. Mags. Gas masks, whole 9 yards. Coolest **** I've ever seen in person. Looked like something straight out or a movie.
i guess some people like to show off their stuff. Firm believer in if you want to keep a secret then never open your mouth.

I had a survive a storm shelter on here for years. Sold it about a moth ago.
they are built like a tank has a boatload of options and sizes. And they will Geo locate it so if there is a disaster they can find you

Here on ODT, safebuilder safebuilder does safe rooms, storm shelters, home vault rooms or armory rooms (walk-in) etc. He deals with the steel and has a crew that works with wood & concrete as well.

I talked with him at length during the NRA annual meeting in Atlanta back in the spring of 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom