• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Daniel Defense Rifle Recommendation

Hunterrs

Wolf Icon Supporter
Frontiersman
104   0
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a Daniel Defense Rifle in .556 that I can use for a range toy and home defense. I will put on a good optic, light, and a sling. I don't know anything about the models, and I am kind of looking for middle to upper end model recommendations. Looking for optic recommendations as well. Thanks everyone.

I just bought my first DD and spent countless hours researching. I came up with the DDM4V7P. However, I'm shooting 300BLK suppressed and the DDM4V7P has a 10.5" barrel.

At 10.5" barrel with 5.56 you're flirting with losing terminal velocity. I wouldn't want that for HD.

If you don't intend to run suppressed, look into the DDM4V7 SLW. It is a 14.5" barrel with a pinned and welded flash hider to make it a total of 16" and does not need a tax stamp.

There are tons of MK18 quad-rail fanbois out there, but I find them bulky and prefer slim / lightweight for home defense.

I honestly would not recommend one over the other unless caliber specific... know what length and caliber your wanting and pick one. Daniel Defense is a brand not many can mess with as the have been tested and proven time and time again.

They have the SOCOM contract providing uppers to the Colt and FN lowers for the SOF community for a number of years and now as of the last 7-10 years or so been providing the entire weapon to the SOF entities.

Their quality is who they are and their reputation is absolutely top notch.

You can not go wrong with anything you get from them. Their CS is absolutely wonderful!

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ddm4v7 or a DDM4A1. If you are not sure what rail you like, buy the DDM4v7, it's M-lok. If you can find one, the DDM4V7 SLW is a fantastic gun.

Back
Top Bottom