• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on new Daniel defense d9 handgun?

Lorentzoe45

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
220   0
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what this turns into. I’ll be watching some reviews and waiting a few weeks for a good deal.

Says $1299 on their website. Kinda steep but man dd does make some very quality and accurate stuff

Also looking forward to Henry’s announcement this week at shotshow. What are yall looking forward to being announced this week?

Attachments

• IMG_1331.png
    IMG_1331.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1330.jpeg
    IMG_1330.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 82
Looking forward to seeing what this turns into. I’ll be watching some reviews and waiting a few weeks for a good deal.

Says $1299 on their website. Kinda steep but man dd does make some very quality and accurate stuff

Also looking forward to Henry’s announcement this week at shotshow. What are yall looking forward to being announced this week?

Wow, that’s literally the Hudson H9. Looks like DD is reviving it.

I think they bought the IP and tooling when Hudson when under. Glad to see it coming back.

Wonder how compatible it is with the old one? That always kept me away from buying a used one... no parts or service.

Yes.
The Hudson was interesting and the copies I shot performed well.

The problem was that they out sourced some parts work and the quality wasn't there.

Dead Air has been plagued by similar issues with out sourcing off and on.

Hopefully Daniel Defense will not have the same issues with the D9.

If they can take the H9, make it reliable and provide the QC and CS that Hudson never provided, I imagine that it would be pretty successful. I didn't realize that they bought the rights for the Hudson.

I imagine that there will be a threaded option. Would like to see a ported option as well. And do away with that crappy trigger blade safety BS. No interest until that monstrosity is removed.

At least maybe those people stuck with a turd from Hudson may be able to get some support/replacement options?

When I ready the title I was like “eh” but seeing as it may be a perfected Hudson is pretty sweet. Would like to try one at least.

Edit: just saw the price. Nope. I was thinking $800 max.

Kinda reminds me of a Beretta.
I don’t think it looks good at all. But I’ve said that before, handled something and changed my mind. Rex Zero comes to mind.

Back
Top Bottom