• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Handgun for a rank novice?

Stainless 4" revolver in .357/.38. Ruger 100 on the high end; Taurus 608 on the low.
JMHO.
Glock 19 for 2nd choice.*

*-- I'm always wrong, so, wait for more accurate replies. :becky:
I agree on the revolver BUT, I think they should start with something that reminds them that they are carrying a weapon. I mean, if you're gonna go in , ya need to go ALL in! Here's my vote, I think you can get a nice rifle scabbard to hold it in for conceal carry..
1712362494657.png

From The Firing Line Forums (2020):
"The Glock system does not incorporate a pre-set striker like a SAO firearm. The Glock is a DAO system. It may not be what you're used to as being called a DAO trigger, but pulling the trigger pulls back the striker a bit before releasing it. You could call it a short DAO trigger pull."

I agree on the revolver BUT, I think they should start with something that reminds them that they are carrying a weapon. I mean, if you're gonna go in , ya need to go ALL in! Here's my vote, I think you can get a nice rifle scabbard to hold it in for conceal carry..
View attachment 7097820
Scuze me, is that a cannon in your pocket??.....

Stainless 4" revolver in .357/.38. Ruger 100 on the high end; Taurus 608 on the low.
JMHO.
Glock 19 for 2nd choice.*

*-- I'm always wrong, so, wait for more accurate replies. :becky:
This is the way.
When doing domestic work traveling by car in the 80s, I carried an S&W 686 4" stainless, in a shoulder holster. Never had to use it but the few times I let it be seen at night by neredowells, they scattered. Something about the shininess, I guess. :becky:
Something about a shiny gun leaves an impression. I know a lady who had someone pull up at her house. The lady was scared and called her dad and he sent one of his helpers to check on her. When he got there she had the gun (a nickle Rossi revolver) laying on the table. That man never came back where he didn’t ask where boss lady was with that shiny gun.

Back
Top Bottom