• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Higher End 7.62 NATO Piston Rifle

SpyForce

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
68   0
Reaction score
Greetings ODT. So, I am looking for advice on the best higher end 7.62 NATO piston driven rifle to purchase. I am looking for a 16” barrel option. I know that the KAC 7.62 is obviously the gold standard, but I don’t really want to pay the $6-7K price tag. I am looking for options other than the SCAR.

I have narrowed down my choices to the following options:

1: H&K MR 7.62 Heavy Barrel Model
2: LWRC REPR -Gen 2
3: LMT MARS H
4: SIG MCX Spear

I don’t have experience with any of the above. I know the HK takes only the HK magazines as opposed to the standard 7.62 magazines that can be used in the others. I know all of these are good choices, but I am finding it hard to decide on the best one.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I went down this same rabbit hole recently. Decided on the MR762, seemed like the best choice to me. Downside is aftermarket parts can be hard to come by and are expensive. Finding a Geissele ambi charging handle for it was a chore. I haven't taken it to the range yet, so I can't comment on accuracy/reliability.

I went down this same rabbit hole recently. Decided on the MR762, seemed like the best choice to me. Downside is aftermarket parts can be hard to come by and are expensive. Finding a Geissele ambi charging handle for it was a chore. I haven't taken it to the range yet, so I can't comment on accuracy/reliability.
I didn’t realize how hard these got until I just read this and went looking , I have two of them in my Hk rifles , definitely a must. I paid a pretty penny for the triggers also.

Define your role for the rifle, hunting, carrying during a shtf burning Atlanta scenario.

Double taps or slow fire.

Really look at the weight if you plan to carry it more than the from the truck to the bench.

Optic choice is huge as well.

Just to have one is cool but I hate carrying the chubby bastichs.

Here ya go…

Back
Top Bottom