• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on new Daniel defense d9 handgun?

Do you still think it looks like a Glock clone?

I'd be interested in knowing what makes someone think a metal framed gun with grip panels, a straight pull trigger, and 1911 grip angle is anything close to being "just another Glock clone"

It's because it's black isn't it :lol:
Because it’s a blocky looking gun that looks like a large Jennings. Sorry it’s just another solution to a problems that does not exist.

Out of curiosity, what new handgun design would you consider to be impressive?
There very little that can be made that is truly new. Just a slightly different configuration now and again.
Probably gonna pick up an Sig 365 Macro at some point.
But I still like trading stuff. LOL

Calibers are stagnant. Maybe the 5.7 but how many decades now?

There very little that can be made that is truly new. Just a slightly different configuration now and again.
Probably gonna pick up an Sig 365 Macro at some point.
But I still like trading stuff. LOL

Calibers are stagnant. Maybe the 5.7 but how many decades now?
Yeah, agreed. One pistol that has shaken things up a bit is the Laugo Alien.

Yeah, agreed. One pistol that has shaken things up a bit is the Laugo Alien.
Except waaaaaaaay outside the price point for 99.9% of buyers. When I thought it was going to be 3500ish, I was game. Then released and price doubled.

Because it’s a blocky looking gun that looks like a large Jennings. Sorry it’s just another solution to a problems that does not exist.
No need to apologize. Doesn't look blocky or anything like a Jennings to me. Aesthetically it looks awesome to me.

I don't think it's trying to solve any problems, just a cool handgun. But it is the only striker fired handgun with a straight pull trigger that I know of. Some people really really prefer a straight pull trigger and those people are pretty much limited to 1911 pattern guns. So you could say it solves a problem for them.

No need to apologize. Doesn't look blocky or anything like a Jennings to me. Aesthetically it looks awesome to me.

I don't think it's trying to solve any problems, just a cool handgun. But it is the only striker fired handgun with a straight pull trigger that I know of. Some people really really prefer a straight pull trigger and those people are pretty much limited to 1911 pattern guns. So you could say it solves a problem for them.
The idea of a straight pull trigger is fantastic, now if they could just make it not 5-6 pounds and creepy. If the trigger was anything approaching a decent 1911 trigger they'd have a winner. Maybe they'll get it figured out.

Back
Top Bottom