• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Couples and Families to Plan and Prep together

O.K...I'll bite...so my issue in my prepping is WATER!! too darn heavy...too much bulk.., I've not come up with a good idea of how to deal with it...View attachment 6754399

Water has always been lacking in my preps, I changed that last week and ordered five 55 gallon barrels from Uline last week. The just started letting you pick up from their warehouse so no shipping to worry about. Picking them up tomorrow with a barrel pump. Also getting a few more reels of barb wire for peace of mind.

A well isn't an option and I would feel like a target walking to the nearest water source. Should last us around 60 days or so. Plenty of time to see how bad things get and how the neighborhood reacts without running water.

Very nice. I would suggest raising your bottom shelves to a minimum of 6 inches off the floor for any food item and water is food.

The rain water collection is a good idea. I'd also look into a shallow well and hand pump if possible.

Also noticed a few Mason jars.

We can some, and my Grandmother canned a lot.... one lesson I learned is an empty jar takes up as much as a full jar, so water in jars not being used to always keep them full.

Also remember FIFO.... AKA First In, First Out.
the jars are empty...I had thought to fill them with beans, however I did the 5 gal buckets with beans instead...the bottom shelves ae not 6" off the floor, however they are off the floor....

O.K...I'll bite...so my issue in my prepping is WATER!! too darn heavy...too much bulk.., I've not come up with a good idea of how to deal with it...View attachment 6754399

I’ve had an idea for building a mobile filtration system that would fit in a large Pelican case for a few years. Just never spent the money to put it together.

The idea was to use a reverse osmosis system along with a UV light, a few sediment filters, 12V pump and hose for puddles, ponds and other sources. It would all fit in a large pelican container and be transportable with sealed case. It could be ran on a battery or solar powered. IMG_1557.jpegIMG_1558.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom