• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Conspiracy theory - Razors

Straight and safety razors are the only way to go. I got my 15YO son a Viking safety razor off Amazon to see how he liked it. He likes it just fine. I like my little Shavette I use with Derby single blades. I've also cracked safety blades in 2 and used them as well in the shavette. I have a handful of straight razors as well that I used to use exclusively.

For me a multi blade or electric will leave me tore up and blistered/bloody. I hate them.

Try again, but slower this time. It really is worth the extra effort. New razors are made for speed not comfort

WRONG there, sack Boy. These are the most comfortable!!!

Great thread! Informative and funny.

For you newbies to "safety" razors you may want to remember this comment from one of our "safety' razor experts
" I peeled a chunk of my head off like a potato peel when I first started."

Good luck to all, and keep some antiseptic and cotton balls handy :thumb:.
When they named them "Safety Razors" they were just moving up from straight razors. The name may be outdated

WRONG there, sack Boy. These are the most comfortable!!!
Have you tried an old fashioned? New multi blades are a lot more harsh than you think they are.

Been using safety and straight razors for like a decade. Never look back. Better shave , no irritation, basically free after you buy the handle. I even shave my head and sac with a safety razor.

Same in your case.
This-Island-Earth-001.jpg

Have you tried an old fashioned? New multi blades are a lot more harsh than you think they are.
No, I have not but it would be super hard to convince me that any of them would be more comfortable than the Gillette ProGlide Shield. It twists and turns and leans in for the curves. Heck fire, if you were to try it on the ole cod sack, I doubt you would ever look back and would then try to get my addy to send all of those so called used cod sack shavers that have been "Sterilized" razors to me to use!! Nope, not me, I am more skeered of those than the corona or all the "shots" combined! Those things need to go in the steel recycling bins and quickly into the furnace.

No, I have not but it would be super hard to convince me that any of them would be more comfortable than the Gillette ProGlide Shield. It twists and turns and leans in for the curves. Heck fire, if you were to try it on the ole cod sack, I doubt you would ever look back and would then try to get my addy to send all of those so called used cod sack shavers that have been "Sterilized" razors to me to use!! Nope, not me, I am more skeered of those than the corona or all the "shots" combined! Those things need to go in the steel recycling bins and quickly into the furnace.
Gillette???
C'mon man, I wouldn't grace a Gillette with my sac

Back
Top Bottom