• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Connecticut School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have kids in this age group and can tell you now that the problem is our government. We need to provide and regulate the proper training and also make it mandatory for all school staff to carry firearms. This will give good citizens an advantage and reduce crime in every aspect not just what we witnessed Friday. The problem is not the guns, it is the people that are uneducated and mentally disabled that are killing people. God bless the people that have lost loved ones in this tragic event

Not sure I agree with you regarding mandating ALL staff to carry firearms, but I fully support allowing concealed carry on school grounds.

I know of a few educators who break the law and carry already, felony be damned.

Just watched a special on Msnbc. Terrible just terrible. Police say he shot his mom in the face before heading to the school. They made no mention of an assault rifle. They did mention two hand guns. As a father of two young ones, this is heart breaking.

I can say that as a result of the Aurora movie theatre shooting police were at the midnight premiere of the Hobbit Thursday night. The officer stayed outaide our theatre door the whole time. I talked to the officer and thanked him as this theatre chain prohibits carrying which I normally do.

Let's not lose sight of the real issue here. Our thoughts and prayers should be with all the victims right now. I see a lot of posts about the dead but there are several hundred more victims that were in that school that day. Most of them will be scared for life. They too need our support.

As for our government and gun control, it would not matter if it were one or the 26 that died Friday. They would use it against all gun owners. It would not have mattered if an armed security guard stopped him before he fired a shot. The fact that he had 3 guns on school property is all they would be looking and takling about. They have there minds set. No statistics will make any difference. They only point out what suits their cause. They can enact more feel good guns controls just like the Brady law which will have no affect on gun violence. It just makes them feel like they have done something.

In the end, what is done is done. We can't erase it. We just have to stand up for our rights and voice our opinions to our legislature in hopes that they will support our rights. If they don't then we will have to elect someone that does.

Last edited:
My wife thinks principals and VPS should be packing.

I agree with that. I think there should be a reaction team that has guns to deal with these situations in the event. These should consist of several people in every school that are well trained and certified yearly with monthly drills. Imagine if that had happened yesterday. I bet that would have saved lives. hell, it might not have even happened.

I will say that this tragedy has bothered me more than any other. It's a truly sad time. It has also infuriated me with all the gun ban, confiscation talk out there. The general ignorance of anti-gun people is infuriating.

I can say that as a result of the Aurora movie theatre shooting police were at the midnight premiere of the Hobbit Thursday night. The officer stayed outaide our theatre door the whole time. I talked to the officer and thanked him as this theatre chain prohibits carrying which I normally do.

concealed means concealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom