• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Completely Perplexed.... Question about "sniper" rifles

Sniper is a term used to allow the seller to charge retail +20% for a used gun.

There are very few real factory sniper rifles out there . Either built by a real gunsmith or a manufacturer .

Calling it sniper does not make it one . accurate maybe . sniper who knows . Even if the owner was a sniper what value does it add . Like buying mechanics tools vs . just tools . The skills do not rub off with the tool.
Well, I have a Steyr SSG-69 with original Parker Hale bipod (I put it in the safe and stuck a Harris on it). Developed and produced for the Austrian armed forces as their standard "sniper" rifle. So in this case calling it a sniper rifle would be correct. Any random heavy barreled Remington 700 on the other hand is not. Oh, and no you won't ever see my baby up for sale!

uploadfromtaptalk1457555095226.jpg

The true formula for whether a rifle is an actual Sniper Rifle, or just a Sniper's Rifle is spelled out very clearly in the Federal Regulations. This is actually very highly sensitive information, and as such is classified. I can share this information because I have the proper clearances.

Per Regulation Section the rifle and shall not be against the user .

The of the rifle against any pattern of and that should together. Accordingly, the to any other can with another.

The entire Regulation Section , additional or beyond will be
on the stock, or without any so as to only rifle.

Any other characteristics, can only be by the acceptance of a particular or any other characteristic.

No other can be , including items such as , , , , or such as could otherwise be as such.

Unfortunately if you don't have the proper clearance, the information on your screen will be condensed and encrypted and you may not be able to see it all.

I've got someone knocking at my door so I'd better go see who it is. Later!

Back
Top Bottom