• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Completely Perplexed.... Question about "sniper" rifles

Okay, so the Rem 700 Long Range Hunter and the Police SharpShooter are both the same basic barreled action and trigger, but in different stocks.
The stocks are both black and synthetic, and non-reflective, but the PSS has metal reinforcements and a different shape compared to the hunter, right?
Anyhow, the LRH could be a "sniper" rifle too. It fits the bill. It just doesn't have that name due to marketing reasons. I say look beyond the name and look to what kind of gun it is, and what optics it wears, what kind of bipod (if any).

REAL - Snapper Rifle :becky:
Snapper Rifle.jpg
Snapper Rifle2.jpg
Really Real! I liked #2 better...

The verb "to snipe" originated in the 1770s among soldiers in British India in reference to shooting snipe, considered a challenging target for marksmen.

So if sniping involves shooting a snipe then I'd say your bird gun just might be a "sniper"
and the burlap bag you put the snipe in would be the Sniper bag:becky:

No not by a long shot,,, BUT I am a state certified sniper through POST, and I attended several long range coursed with the AMU at Fort Benning during the time that I was on SWAT as a sniper. PLUS I trained with the FBI at GlynnCo and we did urban live fire with the Marine Corp.

QUALIFIED!!!

Back
Top Bottom