• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Completely Perplexed.... Question about "sniper" rifles

Congratulations on your certification. I'm sure you worked hard for it.I'm former LE and spent time in SWAT back when you were probably a gleam in your Daddys eye.

As I use to tell those assigned to me. Dont stomp on piss ants when you're up to your ass in alligators.

Let it go....Let it go............[/QUOTE

The little bit of gleam I put in my dad's eye was used up in the 1960's, now Im getting mail from AARP. As far as my LE history, with 20 yrs total and not a hell of a lot to show for it I wish I had been smarter and found something else to do.

The little bit of gleam I put in my dad's eye was used up in the 1960's, now Im getting mail from AARP. As far as my LE history, with 20 yrs total and not a hell of a lot to show for it I wish I had been smarter and found something else to do.

Lol. I understand. I was lucky. I retired as head of Corporate LP for a Fortune 500 company. Strangely enough I still work 32 hours per week to maintain insurance coverage.

No not by a long shot,,, BUT I am a state certified sniper through POST, and I attended several long range coursed with the AMU at Fort Benning during the time that I was on SWAT as a sniper. PLUS I trained with the FBI at GlynnCo and we did urban live fire with the Marine Corp.

Lol. Long shot! Pun intended

Absolutely!!!,,, yes it has. This is as bad as the dumbazzes I see at a firing range in full turn out gear because they are shooting a military type weapon. XBOX and Playstation have ruined the world.

Not to derail this thread by any means but your comment reminded me when I was a kid. A bunch of us would play touch football in a vacant lot. Sometimes flag football. Never tackle because we all played on teams too and the coaches would kill us if they found out we did that. ( didn't want any of us to get hurt and couldn't play in real games). Anyway two of the guys always played touch or flag in full gear. Pads, helmets, the whole nine yards.

I apologize for the rant, but this kind of crap just chaps my azz.

No offence in the least. I just think it's funny as hell that people think that means something special to say sniper rifle when all it really is (hopefully) is an accurate rifle.

Sounds like it does bother you. Think I'll list my Sniper 410 Snake Charmer for cell.

No not by a long shot,,, BUT I am a state certified sniper through POST, and I attended several long range coursed with the AMU at Fort Benning during the time that I was on SWAT as a sniper. PLUS I trained with the FBI at GlynnCo and we did urban live fire with the Marine Corp.
But have you ever taken anyone out at 500m or more??????????:shocked:

Back
Top Bottom