• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cheapest tickets in professional sports

They are a dumpster fire. The thing is, lifelong Braves fans have been spoiled. The way MLB is structured, unless you have Yankee or Dodger money, it is hard to put a competitive team on the field every year. The Braves are in the bottom 1/3 when it comes to salaries. When you are working with less money there is no room for error. It is safe to say that the teams we have been seeing on the field these last two years have a lot to do with mistakes like Dan Ugla, Chris Johnson, and both Uptons. They are rebuilding/reloading/whatever. I grew up in Cincinnati. The Reds have at least 10 million more to work with than the Braves every year and have not had the longterm, sustained "success" that the Braves have had. Its hard to watch right now - but they will get better.

The new stadium (new stadiums in general) is a different can of worms though.

Atlanta pro sports in general, pppfffftttt!

^this. theres a reason the falcons just dropped their concessions to the lowest in the league. now granted the new prices actually do make me kinda still want to go. But best one out there for your money is get you some tickets to an atlanta gladiators game

^this. theres a reason the falcons just dropped their concessions to the lowest in the league. now granted the new prices actually do make me kinda still want to go. But best one out there for your money is get you some tickets to an atlanta gladiators game
Don't have to go into Downtown Hotlanta to see the Gladiators or the Gwinnett Braves!

They are actually very profitable this year relative to other seasons. Very low payroll and low cost to staff the games because there is no one there.

Not so much...

In 2012 they made $22 million.
In 2013 they made $42 million.
In 2014 they lost $6 million.
In 2015 they made $3 million.
(These figures are all "OIBDA", operating income before depreciation & amortization)

Having nobody at games in no way saves a team money. Ticket sales are directly related to how much a team can charge for the tickets. As this season progresses, less and less people are going to go to games.

Self inflicted!

This 110% . as soon as any player shows promise the management trades them away. In an interview with a guy from the owners group he admitted he is a Rockies fan. The ownership just cares about making a dollar and as long as they fill seats and sell $10 hot dogs and $20 beers they could care less about winning . They have the money to spend from what he said . He blamed the front office for trading away all of the talent . They will be the Braves of the 80's until ownership changes

This 110% . as soon as any player shows promise the management trades them away. In an interview with a guy from the owners group he admitted he is a Rockies fan. The ownership just cares about making a dollar and as long as they fill seats and sell $10 hot dogs and $20 beers they could care less about winning . They have the money to spend from what he said . He blamed the front office for trading away all of the talent . They will be the Braves of the 80's until ownership changes

Trading Andrelton Simmons was a horrible mistake. Ozzie Smith II.

Not so much...

In 2012 they made $22 million.
In 2013 they made $42 million.
In 2014 they lost $6 million.
In 2015 they made $3 million.
(These figures are all "OIBDA", operating income before depreciation & amortization)

Having nobody at games in no way saves a team money. Ticket sales are directly related to how much a team can charge for the tickets. As this season progresses, less and less people are going to go to games.
I get that but income is not the same as profit. I read a more recent article about this but here is one from last season when people quit going to games.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2015/11/05/braves-more-profitable-in-2015.html

Back
Top Bottom