• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Central Ga vs. Metro Atlanta

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
Can someone explain the difference between the two. Living in Macon, we have always referred to where we live as Central Ga. Anything in and around the downtown Atlanta area we refer to as Metro Atlanta. It is confusing to look in the "Central Ga" classifieds only to open an ad and realize it is one of the counties closer to Metro Atlanta 1-1/2 to 2 hours north of me.

Last edited:
I think the OP has a valid point. This has been an issue for me as well. Weird that it's only central ga with the issue. I never click south ga and find its McDonough or something like that.

image.jpg
For clarification on posting in the classified section. Lol

I think the OP has a valid point. This has been an issue for me as well. Weird that it's only central ga with the issue. I never click south ga and find its McDonough or something like that.
Yeah for the record if you live in McDonough, Jackson,Griffin,Hampton etc you are NOT in central GA. But I think the issue may be that there's not a south Atlanta column.

Can someone explain the difference between the two. Living in Macon, we have always referred to where we live as Central Ga. Anything in and around the downtown Atlanta area we refer to as Metro Atlanta. It is confusing to look in the "Central Ga" classifieds only to open an ad and realize it is one of the counties closer to Metro Atlanta 1-1/2 to 2 hours north of me.

Pure bald faced "placism". Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom