CBR600RR, ZX6R, GSXR600, or R6?

CBR600RR, ZX6R, GSXR600, or R6?

• Total voters
Really? I don't recall saying anything bout Rossi. Jennings and The dragons tail have been done a few times.. :pop2:

Sorry ARC, wasn't referring to you at all. Just a general statement about most all sport bike riders talking trash to each other.

Track days and race classes are a truly humbling experience. They really make you appreciate the skills of the AMA, Isle of Mann and MotoGP riders. Freaks of nature with balls of pure Titanium.

Seem a bit over sensitive there tiger, it's ok. I'm sure the dealer told you all the cool kids rode 600's.... lol
After you take your training wheels off let me know.

Of course all the cool kids ride 600's. Is there any other way to rock an Ed Hardy t while fist pumping?

After you get over your spanking by the ODT overlords, I was just kidding about 600's are for girls.
I'd go with the CBR or the Gixxer only due to greater aftermarket support for both.

PS
my wife learned on 1200 Sportster, just saying....

After you get over your spanking by the ODT overlords, I was just kidding about 600's are for girls.
I'd go with the CBR or the Gixxer only due to greater aftermarket support for both.

PS
my wife learned on 1200 Sportster, just saying....

No worries. I think everyone realizes that everyone is just screwing around.

it all depends upon what you want to do. if you ride all twisty roads and want to go to the track (highly recommended for ANY sport bike rider) then the R6 is the best bike. if you want to "tour" around north GA and do longer rides but still have a great handling bike that won't hold you back on the track, the CBR and maybe the kwak. the GSXR is for posers. ;)

I haven't kept up with all of the latest gen 600's, but AFAIK they haven't made any huge changes in the past 3 years or so since I stopped going to the track often.

IMHO I would choose a bike that's not on the list (again not knowing what you want to do with the bike), but take a serious look at the Triumph 675 daytona. preferably the R model if you have any plans to go to the track (and you need to). much easier to ride because of the added mid range power/torque compared to any of the 4 cylinder bikes. Ducatis are great, but higher maintenance and more expensive if you plan to actually ride it often. I put over 20k miles each (in less than 2 years) on two R6's and never needed anything besides oil, filters and tires. I have lots of friends with ducks but too $$ for me. They are getting a lot better though, and most people don't ride 10k miles a year so it might not be an issue.

but go to the track. enjoy the bike for what it's designed for and stretch it's legs a bit. Talladega GP, Jennings, Barber and Road Atlanta are all within a few hours and can be ridden for as low as $100. get some instruction while you are there and really learn to ride your bike. it's very rewarding. It'll also make you want to buy a small track bike (SV, 250/300, etc) and it can become addictive. it's like stamp collecting for class III folks. :) I used to help out instructing for track days, if you need any recommendations, or have questions, let me know. I haven't been on the track in a few years (mostly do dual sport and off road these days) but will get back into it one of these days. maybe after I get a 1290 super duke. go big or go home, right? :)

SpeedyR knows what hes talking about. However I heard the 675R is a pain to work on but Jason DiSalvo races them so they are definitely solid bikes. Be warned though that anything over 600cc for most insurance companies are putting you in the next bracket with liter bikes and its a huge jump in premium.

Speedy when you see Barber for $100 a day let me know.

Back
Top Bottom