• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want to delete or bypass the EVAP system in a 2012 Yukon Denali with a 6.2

Have you checked the filler neck for a restriction? Maybe someone jammed a hose in it trying to steal gas a messed up part of the vent.

Have you checked the filler neck for a restriction? Maybe someone jammed a hose in it trying to steal gas a messed up part of the vent.
I ran a video camera down inside the filler neck to the tank and the only thing in there is a metal mesh screen permanently installed to prevent anyone from syphoning gas.

I still want to know how to bypass the entire useless system? Fuel vapors and my methane vapors do not put holes in the ozone. Older cars never had these systems and the systems are not required to run the car. The EVAP systems only purpose is to keep car owners buying parts for it every time a check engine light is set.

I still want to know how to bypass the entire useless system? Fuel vapors and my methane vapors do not put holes in the ozone. Older cars never had these systems and the systems are not required to run the car. The EVAP systems only purpose is to keep car owners buying parts for it every time a check engine light is set.
This is not entirely correct. Sure, very old cars didn't have an EVAP system. Unburned gasoline is considered to be a source of CO2, so it's not ozone layer, it's "global warming". HOWEVER:

The EVAP system is designed to keep the gasoline you buy in your tank, and to help the vehicle run better. Think about it: as the tank heats up with temperature change, the pressure inside it builds, and it's got to go somewhere. The EVAP system allows the fuel vapors to go into the intake and on into the engine to be burned. Then, as the temperature goes down the gas tank pressure drops. The EVAP system allows outside air in to equalize the pressure. Likewise, when the vehicle is running the tank pressure drops, and outside air has to be let in.

Now, you could just put a vent on the tank, but then if you fill up on a cold morning you'll be smelling gas when you walk up to it on a warm afternoon. If you plug up the vents you'll get exactly what you're getting right now. You can't put gas in unless you can also let air out.

It seems to me that you might have a flow restriction in the vent line. Either the line itself is kinked or plugged by trash (common), the valve isn't opening to vent when commanded, or your car's computer is telling the valve to close. Pull the vent line off and blow it out with compressed air.

I do feel your pain; my wife's car is currently having the opposite problem. It overfills before the pump turns off, and liquid gasoline fills up the charcoal cannister. Then the purge valve opens into the intake the car stalls out due to a rich condition. Right now she just stops it before full until I can drop the tank to get to charcoal filter and valves that are all mounted on the gas tank.

You do realize that you are posting your intention to commit a federal felony on a public message board...

I have that happen in my work van every now and then, I found that if I hold it at a certain angle it, doesn’t do it but if I stick it in and leave the handle in then it’ll not fill, this is a brand new work van too lol
Same deal with my truck.. not all the time just sometimes.. gotta find the correct angle for the pumps that do cause it to shut off.. can be aggravating for sure

Back
Top Bottom