• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying a pistol for my grandson

Again, you are completely ignoring the fact that it says: transferee/buyer, meaning either the transferee or the buyer. The process of purchasing has absolutely nothing to do with it if it is a gift.
I get guns quite often for transfer to a certain competitive shooter sent to me by the manufacturer that are prizes for matches he has won. He didn't purchase these guns with his own money. How can I legally transfer them? Because he is the transferee without being the buyer. Same guy writes articles for gun magazines. He gets firearms sent to him by manufacturers quite regularly to research for articles he is writing. He fills out a 4473 and takes possession while never actually owning the guns. When he is done with them, they get sent back.
I can’t blame you for not reading back through all the pages, but I made the very same point several pages back.

Grandfather orders gun
Grandfather pays for it from the distributor
Grandson goes in and picks up
Fills out form
Leaves new gun owner

Grandfather orders gun
Pays for it
Picks it up
Fills out Form
Goes home and gifts to grandson

Grandfather gives money to grandson
Grandson orders gun
Picks it up
Fills out form
leaves new gun owner

None of this is hard...lol.

It should read:
Are you the person taking possession of said firearm.

If you do a trade...gun for gun and want a 4473 done your not the buyer...your the trader.

It's really just so Big Brother will have prosecution tools if they need them later.

Why do they ask who the buyer/transferee is, and if you’re not the buyer, you are prohibited?
Fixed it for you since you want to keep ignoring it and remaining ignorant.

PXL_20240214_160003188.MP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom