• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buyer Beware of Sky Guns International

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man sent me fake magpul backup sights. The fact that he offered a refund after he was busted and claimed it was his suppliers fault is irrelevant to me. You all do business with him. I don't know anything about all the other crap in this thread. I just posted my experience when I saw sky guns in the title. I had no clue this guy did business on the ODT (I met him on gunbroker). Otherwise, I would have posted about my issue long ago. Buyer beware.

I must apologize for going off the deep end. I can and should conduct my self in a professional manner. I would agree with your analysis of bait and switch. But I have one problem with this. The email the op posted stated that due to the current shortage of parts the only way to fulfill the order was to use a different distributor that had said parts. Now to me that says you have a choice wait for the original parts to become available or pay the difference. This is not bait and switch. Ar parts are hard to find given the panic buying going on. Now I never heard the business decline a refund. I dont know what really happened nor do you. It just rubs me the wrong way to see people start basically calling someone a Liar. The tone and intent is hard to decipher on line In plain text. The company never said he is the direct main supplier in a contract he wasn't very clear on that. Regardless what does the contract work he does have to do with his supplier sending the wrong part by mistake. He offered to correct the situation and that's about all he can do. I just don't understand the witch hunt mentality on this site toward business small or large. It's simply ridiculous. I can see warning folks about a shady operation. But it hardly seems the case here. The only proof provided was the air soft sights. **** happens. After all we are all human and no one is perfect and if they claim to be so they are lying. Once again I apologize for going off. It's been a bad month for me I shot myself in the damn hand and I'm in a good bit of pain. I kill time here and have seen a rash of Omg this company is a bunch of a holes cuz they don't have what everybody else is out of. Or this company made a mistake. It happens brother deal with it and move on.

For me, I feel responsible because I directed a few folks to their site. The conclusions may be premature but the way this has beenhandled on here is wanting at best. I am in retail business and in my Opinion all that would have been required was for Sky to reach out in public to the OP. Hey OP I sent you a PM with my Personal Number/email what ever contact me and I will see to it this is resolved, sorry you had any troubles.
Seems pretty simple to me,but hey I am not selling AR's.
I do know who started this thread. Again, NO ONE has asked for a refund. When a customer reaches out to us and requests a refund, we have always worked with those individuals. If the weapon is still in production, not completed to the customers specifications, we normally issue a full refund less Credit Card fees.

That is fine and I was not trying to take sides just giving my opinion. If I were in your position I would have made the offer in this thread at the start. Had that been done I suspect this thread would have died long ago. If I am reading this right the OP was steamed because it was taking so long. Maybe he has not come back because he got his order and has moved on. Just sucks to see the feeding frenzy that has insued. That is what I think could have been avoided with the simple response I mentioned. Then again maybe not. I will give you props for sticking it out and not running away in the face of all the negetive comments. We all can get swept up in the moment and I believe the majority of people here are good decent folks with a passion for fire arms and honesty. Thanks!

Not to be disrespectful to another member, but it's only a good point if you're talking about a business with ethics who is supporting your right to bear arms and can be trusted. Take any one of these three factors out of the equation, and I'll take my business elsewhere.

No disrespect taken, but my take on timbgtm's post was not about the business but about the posts of others on here. Seems like some are piling on without first hand knowledge of the company. If I'm wrong it sure ain't the first time and will definitely not be the last.

The man sent me fake magpul backup sights. The fact that he offered a refund after he was busted and claimed it was his suppliers fault is irrelevant to me. You all do business with him. I don't know anything about all the other crap in this thread. I just posted my experience when I saw sky guns in the title. I had no clue this guy did business on the ODT (I met him on gunbroker). Otherwise, I would have posted about my issue long ago. Buyer beware.

I asked you to send the sights back and I would issue a refund, I still stand by this, box or no box I will issue your refund when I receive the product . I have not seen the sights personally, again, these are not items we stock, they are drop shipped from distributors, however, the same sights have been purchased by numerous other people when they were on sale from our distributor without complaint, without seeing what you have I do not know what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom