Buyer Beware of Sky Guns International

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealrain

Default rank <5 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Jay, a one man show runs Sky Guns International and advertised a pre-order of AR-15's on Feb. 3, 2013. Payment was due up front.
Delivery was suppose to be late Feb. to Mid-March, 2013.

Myself and a friend ordered 3 of them. Nothing but excuses come early March through today when he sends out this e-mail:

All,
At this time most of you have received your completed upper receivers. Due to the current state of the firearms industry we have decided to break our own rule of doing business with vendors that are taking advantage of people due to the current state of the industry. We have procured lower receivers from Superior Arms and Palmetto State Armory in order to complete your orders, unfortunately this will result in a $40 additional charge, as these receivers cost twice as much as our preferred vendors. We do have product inbound from our preferred vendors, but the ETA is still unknown, we are on the phone with our vendors daily, the primary issue is that the forgers and manufacturers were not prepared for such a large surge in production. We were supposed to have received the product in the time frame we originally stated at time of your order. Please respond ASAP s we have limited numbers of these products. Additionally, if anyone wishes to procure their own lower receiver for us to complete their order, we will offer a $80 discount.

Regards,
Customer Service

Sky Guns International

After e-mails back and forth over this never ending saga, Jay demanded if we wanted to cancel the order we had to pay a 15% restocking fee. Remember now, we paid over 70 days ago, we waited and waited and waited way past his original delivery promise and somehow now that he can't or won't deliver we have to pay a 15% restocking fee on something he NEVER even had "In Stock"??

You cannot call this "so-called" company because they took their phone number off their web-site. Jeez, I wonder why.

Please, don't be fooled by this charlatan.

Always some BS involved over an AR...who needs it

The whole "restocking fee" is the part I dont get. Your not restocking anything? You dont have it yet. Even if and WHEN it comes in, its not like you cant re-sell it. having someone wait this long and then pop an extra charge up... that aint cool. Id cancel the order as well. Then if you charged my card the 15% then id dispute it with the card company. As thats messed up. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
8 hour ride.
Will let the credit card company figure it out.
Just wanted to alert potential buyers. If they do decide to buy something from them after this post they would be well advised to get, IN WRITING, a drop dead delivery date and if not delivered by that date, to have 100% of charges refunded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom