• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buyer Beware of Sky Guns International

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you mean and expected this response eventually. My questions aren't the result of me being owed anything personally. For me, this discussion has evolved beyond the OP and has become more about the character of someone that all of us may cross paths with eventually. It's no different than warning someone to stay away from a disreputable dealer, which happens here often.

So make the warning and go on about your business....this "pile-on" mentality drives me nuts. I cringe everytime I see a "XXXX Gun store sucks" thread because I know I'm about to have to wade through swells of butthurt parrots with no skin in the game who love a good gossip rant cloaked under the veil of "consumer advocacy."

It's interesting the kind of backlash we see here against other members at times. Meanwhile, a vendor of justifiably questionable character gets a pass.

Since Skyguns wants to pick and choose what he answers while ignoring the heart of the matter, I'll get right to it. He has claimed to do business with multiple federal agencies. In order to do so, you must have a CAGE code. A couple of days ago I reached out to a friend that has access to the GSA / SAMS database to see what he could find out. I received that information and sat on it in an attempt to allow Skyguns to resolve this on their own. Since they won't respond and others have chosen to categorize me as being on a "jihad", I'll provide some insight as to why I've been asking these questions.

After reaching out to a friend who checked up on this for me, this is what was reported back:

My contact logged into SAMS, the system utilized for the .gov bid process, and did a name search on "sky" with no hits. **By logging in, he can search even those companies who opted out in the public search. No record of them was found.

He also looked them up on Dun and Bradstreet in order to obtain their DUNS number. Report is empty (shouldn't be on a legit enterprise). The reason I asked for it here was to be absolutely sure we had the correct company. D&B shows their number registered to Sky Guns International LLC of Dallas, GA, so I'm reasonably certain that this is the correct number.

Using the DUNS number, a second SAMS search was conducted using their specific DUNS number and it came up 'no records found".

There is no record of Sky Guns International LLC within the private bid database. If you legitimately do business with any of the entities he named, the record would be there.

Of course, this all hinges on the assumption that his purported contracts were actually with Sky Guns International LLC. I previously asked who he was referring to when he used the term "we". Now you know why.

Conclusion, he either A) does business with these agencies under another name, B) is claiming someone else's contracts as his own (supplier maybe?) or C) he's full of crap and a liar.

If he proves to fall under category A and can provide a CAGE and DUNS code for discreet verification, I will redact every post I have made on the topic and publicly apologize for calling his legitimacy into question.

Last edited:
From my personal opinion the only question that needs to be answered is who is being dishonest re: the original post. Either the OP never had an order or is lying for some reason unknown or SkyGuns is dead wrong, or there has been some mix up.
If I were in SKYGUNS shoes I would not feel the need to answer any questions regarding my business, location of production etc. I think he explained the whole airsoft thing and looks to be resolved (i.e. he is not that maker but a middle man for that paticular product) I find it odd that the OP is MIA and this has taken on a life of its own with no real evidence aside from one poster making claims that remain unsubstantiated. I don't care who his contracts are with or what their numbers are and it is none of my business nor will it resolve the issue at hand if he did provide them.

I agree, no reason to share any contractual information or business information. I have read through these posts, and very honestly feel ashamed this guy is taking this beating from some of our members. If you've ever been in business for yourself, things happen and you just need to make them right. There is no doubt in my mind this man has offered to work out any issues with his company. Just my two cents, but I think the horse has been beat enough. If you don't want to do business with him fine, but I'm not seeing the issue.

It's interesting the kind of backlash we see here against other members at times. Meanwhile, a vendor of justifiably questionable character gets a pass.

Since Skyguns wants to pick and choose what he answers while ignoring the heart of the matter, I'll get right to it. He has claimed to do business with multiple federal agencies. In order to do so, you must have a CAGE code. A couple of days ago I reached out to a friend that has access to the GSA / SAMS database to see what he could find out. I received that information and sat on it in an attempt to allow Skyguns to resolve this on their own. Since they won't respond and others have chosen to categorize me as being on a "jihad", I'll provide some insight as to why I've been asking these questions.

After reaching out to a friend who checked up on this for me, this is what was reported back:

My contact logged into SAMS, the system utilized for the .gov bid process, and did a name search on "sky" with no hits. **By logging in, he can search even those companies who opted out in the public search. No record of them was found.

He also looked them up on Dun and Bradstreet in order to obtain their DUNS number. Report is empty (shouldn't be on a legit enterprise). The reason I asked for it here was to be absolutely sure we had the correct company. D&B shows their number registered to Sky Guns International LLC of Dallas, GA, so I'm reasonably certain that this is the correct number.

Using the DUNS number, a second SAMS search was conducted using their specific DUNS number and it came up 'no records found".

There is no record of Sky Guns International LLC within the private bid database. If you legitimately do business with any of the entities he named, the record would be there.

Of course, this all hinges on the assumption that his purported contracts were actually with Sky Guns International LLC. I previously asked who he was referring to when he used the term "we". Now you know why.

Conclusion, he either A) does business with these agencies under another name, B) is claiming someone else's contracts as his own (supplier maybe?) or C) he's full of crap and a liar.

If he proves to fall under category A and can provide a CAGE and DUNS code for discreet verification, I will redact every post I have made on the topic and publicly apologize for calling his legitimacy into question.

This is the last comment I will post on this subject. Again, I don't think he is obligated to supply anyone with information on his business or the operations therein. His company may be working as a subcontractor for another company that has a contract with these agencies and you would not see his company listed as the supplier. In regards to Dun and Bradstreet, no one is obligated to share their business information with D&B, especially a privately owned company. D&B pulls financial information on public companies very easily, but most privately owned companies know better than to release any info to them.

This is the last comment I will post on this subject. Again, I don't think he is obligated to supply anyone with information on his business or the operations therein. His company may be working as a subcontractor for another company that has a contract with these agencies and you would not see his company listed as the supplier. In regards to Dun and Bradstreet, no one is obligated to share their business information with D&B, especially a privately owned company. D&B pulls financial information on public companies very easily, but most privately owned companies know better than to release any info to them.

The DUNS number is required if you want to do business with the government and actually want to get paid for it.

Edit for clarification: the DUNS number is required to bid and is a secondary method for searching within the database.

If he's a subcontractor, say so. He has represented that he does direct business with multiple federal agencies.

In an effort to tone down the dog piling, I'm going to refrain from any more commentary. If you have any questions for me, please send via PM.

Last edited:
The DUNS number is required if you want to do business with the government and actually want to get paid for it. Edit for clarification: the DUNS number is required to bid and is a secondary method for searching within the database. If he's a subcontractor, say so. He has represented that he does direct business with multiple federal agencies.In an effort to tone down the dog piling, I'm going to refrain from any more commentary. If you have any questions for me, please send via PM.
D&B is a credit reporting agency for businesses. They advertises on talk radio that although they report your company's credit they will change their reporting "for a fee" sounds more like a scam.You do not have to register anywhere to act as a supplier to a company that is a supplier of contracted services.Get over all your "inside knowledge, and sources" All though you use "fancy" words they mean little to nothing in the real world. A real business does not disclose the kind of information you want, to anyone they are not doing direct business with.

Last edited:
D&B is a credit reporting agency for businesses. They advertises on talk radio that although they report your company's credit they will change their reporting "for a fee" sounds more like a scam.You do not have to register anywhere to act as a supplier to a company that is a supplier of contracted services.Get over all your "inside knowledge, and sources" All though you use "fancy" words they mean little to nothing in the real world. A real business does not disclose the kind of information you want, to anyone they are not doing direct business with.

D&B is widely recognized as a legitimate business credit reporting agency, but you've missed the point. The only reason we looked them up on D&B was to get the DUNS code. I don't really care what the D&B report says. You must use your CAGE code and DUNS code to do business with federal agencies on a contractual basis. For the record, this requirement was confirmed by a large firearms manufacturer with multiple confirmed US military contracts.

As I stated before, if he's a subcontractor, just say so. That's not what he represented himself to be.

Finally, CAGE codes are not classified information. They are stamped on the side of most GI magazines. I can easily look up the cage code for companies like Knights Armament and Daniel Defense, Magpul, etc. It's simply an identifying number assigned to every company approved to bid contracts with the us government. It's really not that big of a deal.

D&B is widely recognized as a legitimate business credit reporting agency, but you've missed the point. The only reason we looked them up on D&B was to get the DUNS code. I don't really care what the D&B report says. You must use your CAGE code and DUNS code to do business with federal agencies on a contractual basis. For the record, this requirement was confirmed by a large firearms manufacturer with multiple confirmed US military contracts.

As I stated before, if he's a subcontractor, just say so. That's not what he represented himself to be.

Finally, CAGE codes are not classified information. They are stamped on the side of most GI magazines. I can easily look up the cage code for companies like Knights Armament and Daniel Defense, Magpul, etc. It's simply an identifying number assigned to every company approved to bid contracts with the us government. It's really not that big of a deal.

How has this company done you wrong exactly. I must have missed it after reading all your bull****. I for one don't think that this man would intentionally screw anyone over. If he had a track record of hosing folks that would be different. You have not laid any claims to being screwed out of money or promised goods. So shut the hell up and move on. You clearly don't understand how much of a pain in the ass it is to deal with the whiny ass general public in a professional manner. I worked in retail sales management for five years and can't count how many times I wanted to tell ass holes like you to get the **** off the property.

Furthermore what entitles you to the private agreements this man has. We all know that the government always plays by the book they never lie never cheat or bend the rules. This man has no reason to release any information to you regarding the operation of HIS business unless you are a share holder or are financially invested in his business. The only obligation he has to you is........... O wait there isn't one. It's a PRIVATE HELD COMPANY he can do as he wishes inside the rule of law.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom