• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Building an AR question

OP wasn't *****ing about it. He asked for clarification as it seems to happen from time to time. I know you have to read between the lines about these pasture topics, but I thought that's why The Pasture exists...to complain?
LOL he's been here long enough, he's just stirring the pot. And I'm stirring it back. It's all good!

I'm fittin' to throw one together with as many cheap,used and donated parts as I can find. Oh and it will be my first real build from the stripped lower up. I'm talking an ugly abused stepchild build in an Icehouse beer budget. I just wanna say I built one.

But you best believe when I get bored with it I'm gonna throw it up for sale on here.
" Custom AR build $950.00/ $1100.00 Trade Value or trade for Arsenal Under folder":becky:

How difficult is it to properly assemble an AR15? Not hard at all. You think the mooks on the Colt or Daniel Defense assembly line are all rocket scientists or highly skilled engineers? They are not.
I will trust Colt or DD over you or anyone on this forum.

Yes, MANY home builds are assembled wrong. In just the last 2 weeks, we have seen upside down gas tubes and improperly installed gas blocks on just this site. Probably other threads I overlooked too...but they "not hard at all" to build...

Feel free to buy what you want. There are only 2-3 people I would buy a home built rifle from on here and that's it. You are not one of them.

There are only 2-3 people I would buy a home built rifle from on here and that's it. You are not one of them.
You don't know me, pal, nor my capabilities as an AR assembler. Perhaps you would feel more comfortable buying the new Daniel Defense upper I have that I had to send back because of factory defects. If you cannot assemble an AR correctly, you have no business assembling an AR.

You don't know me, pal, nor my capabilities as an AR assembler. Perhaps you would feel more comfortable buying the new Daniel Defense upper I have that I had to send back because of factory defects. If you cannot assemble an AR correctly, you have no business assembling an AR.
:thumb:

IMO, it's no different than a "custom" Glock (aka stippled/cerekote in some crazy color/etc). I'd basically purchase it for the parts.

But what makes me laugh are when people list the parts and what the parts "sell for". They'll link to a brand new scope on Amazon and say this scope here is worth $500, when I can pick them up on eBay all day for $200-300 and that comes with airtight buyer protection. I have no problem with you spending $1200 or whatever in parts, but understand that the scope you might have bought at Academy for $300 new might be worth $75-100 used online, so I have no incentive for that scope to add $300 to the value of the firearm. In fact, you'd be better off removing accessories like that before selling the gun.

I might just be a crazy numbers guy, but numbers make or break the deal and the only numbers that matter are current market value. Then add in gas and having to meet someone, and you have to justify why I shouldn't drive 15 minutes down the road to my LGS and buy one from him.

Back
Top Bottom