• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Blade chat

For one of the best values (notice I did not say inexpensive) in a big knife there is the Cold Steel Trailmaster (3rd from left in picture) and Magnum Tanto line (2nd from left in picture). One of the best buy's at about $80-$125 is the ESSEE Junglas/RTAK/RTAK2 (6th from the left)

i110.photobucket.com_albums_n103_rhummer_Knifes_20and_20Blades_MyKnives.jpg

As to smaller knives, the Cold Steel SRK and Fallkniven F1 are really nice.

i110.photobucket.com_albums_n103_rhummer_Knifes_20and_20Blades_CSSRK_FallknivenF1_SAK.jpg

For folders I am a big fan of Spyderco's offerings. Plus of course the ubiquitous Swiss Army knife.

i110.photobucket.com_albums_n103_rhummer_Knifes_20and_20Blades_SpydercoFolders_1.jpg

An often overlooked "Budget" blade is the Cold Steel line of knives that use the basic molded on plastic handles. Virtually no money is spend on the handle or sheath, but they use incredible steel.

i110.photobucket.com_albums_n103_rhummer_Knifes_20and_20Blades_4CSblades.jpg

And lastly on the very low end of budget's. The Mora/Morakniv's, these are exceptional blades that can be found starting at under $20.

i110.photobucket.com_albums_n103_rhummer_Knifes_20and_20Blades_4_GreenhandleMoraknivs.jpg

Im partial to handmade damascus blades. This is a damascus Hatchet handmade made by Felix out of Spain. Camel bone (white), elk horn (black) and brass.
DSC06336.jpg

GAGunguy - Damascus steel blades you say :-) I like Damascus too.

Shameless plug. Both of these knives are for sale at $125 delivered for the pair, including the custom Kydex sheaths shown, and the original leather sheaths, both blades are new never used. Blades are unstamped with makers mark, and came out of a shop in the United Kingdom.

[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:

Back
Top Bottom