• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Blade chat

ESEE are solid. Ontario are as tough as you need them to be.

But if you want to buy just one more knife for life, make it a Busse. These are seriously made from day 1 with survival dependency in mind. Looking great was just a successful afterthought.

Becker BK2 in the bag, BK14 neck carry and a Leatherman Skeletool clipped in the back pocket. I have tons more, but the BK2 hasn't been beat yet and the other two are my EDC, in fact if I'm awake, the BK14 is on me.

Got a great deal on a lightly used KaBar Next Generation today. It's a tough, solid 12 inch knife with a 7 inch powder coated 440A stainless steel blade, Kraton grip and powder coated end cap and guard. The Bladetech kydex sheath is ambidextrous and has eyelets for lashing or tieing it down. Overall a heckuva a buy.

Got a great deal on a lightly used KaBar Next Generation today. It's a tough, solid 12 inch knife with a 7 inch powder coated 440A stainless steel blade, Kraton grip and powder coated end cap and guard. The Bladetech kydex sheath is ambidextrous and has eyelets for lashing or tieing it down. Overall a heckuva a buy.

pics please

I have recently aquired a thirst for knives. I have my EDC ( folders), I have my workers ( camping, hunting) and developing my safe queens.

I have my eye on a few Chris Reeve's and a Busse or two soon. With some searching on BladeForums.com and even pages on Facebook, you can find some truly beautiful knives....but I want to keep them somewhat useable.

Folders/ Smaller-

top down

Ka-Bar necker
Gerber Remix
Gerber Contrast
Benchmade Tanto First Production 735/1000
DDR/ HTM Gunhammer Tanto Recurve

i46.tinypic.com_2cpqr8k.jpg

FIXED BLADES-

Ontario RAT 5
Gerber Bear Gryllis 5"
Gerber Gator 4"
Tops Sky Marshall 4.5"
SOG Seal Pup Elite
Buck Front Hook

i47.tinypic.com_24yqzq9.jpg

I have 2 KABAR's, a SOG Gov Agent, Benchmade Nimravus, Gerber Profile, a custom stag horn knife set, CRKT Folts minimalist neck knife, Essee Izula neck knife and several choice Benchmade, Kershaw, CRKT, Cold Steel, etc..edc and survival/SHTF folders.
The one fixed blade and folder I'd grab IF I had a choice is probably the SOG Gov Agent and the Cold Steel Voyager.

I like KABAR because they cryogenically treat their steel like Cold Steel does. Any solid knife would work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom