• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Blade chat

Here are a few I have been really pleased with:

Justin Gingrich RD7 made before Ontario bought the company. Just a really STOUT hard use knife that holds an edge very well...
View attachment 147650

And my Craig Camerer Kerambit and matching trainer:
IMG_1294.jpg

And Finally my lowly Ka-bar Kerambit EDC:
photo copy 6.JPG

Man that REALLY catches the eye. Beautiful! I like the damascus too. Is that real handmade damascus? I'm no expert of course but to me the peening looks a little too precise for hand made. The circles are so uniform and in such near perfect rows it looks machine stamped. I could be underestimating the smith badly though. I know when I'm looking at Katanas the wave of the sharpening tells a lot. A repeating or too perfect pattern indicates either a stamped blade providing uniform layers or a "faux" layering by etching. But this is way more intricate and pretty.

Seems like I read somewhere this effect is created with ball bearings, but I may be wrong. There is a guy in South America somewhere that makes some interesting stuff with steel cable. Name is Ariel S________.

Here are a couple of my EDC knives. I started carrying the Victorinox Swiss Army knife as my sole EDC but quickly realized that it was no good to me as a tactical self defense knife. I then purchased the Gerber EVO Tactical knife. I carry both knives at all times now. The Swiss Army Cybertool comes in handy all the time. It has an ink pen, interchangeable screwdrivers, and lots of other useful things. The Gerber is a quick opening fighting tool. Both have their uses and I'm happy to carry both.

photo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom