• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Starter Sports Motorcycle for a tall guy

Too fast = this:
images

LOL @ a Valkyrie bein fast.
What's the fastest bike you ever rode?
LOL at your usual uniformed silliness. :laugh: I've never raced and have no idea what the fastest bike I ever rode would be (or the slowest for that matter). But I'm in for being regaled with Tony2X tales from the Isle of Man! Whatcha' got? And now I'm curious, how many miles have you ridden on a Valkyrie?
There's fast and there's quick. I like sufficient amounts of both for safety (and the occasional white knuckled fun to remind me of my mortality).
And by the way, as a reminder, this thread was started by someone desiring to be a NEW rider. Almost anything he gets (within reason) is going to feel like a rocket.

Harleys 1/4th mile times are low 14s to high 13s. Thats certainly not "fast" as some decent cars are turning those times. compared to a 600cc supersport which is in the high 10s.

Great, now I want one. ;)
I do like 'big' bikes. I want to ride (and potentially buy) a Triumph Rocket III one day. But there is a limit. Buddy had a Boss Hoss. Yeah.... no.
Get a ducati diavel. As fast as a vmax, much more nimble (for a cruiser)

Harleys 1/4th mile times are low 14s to high 13s. Thats certainly not "fast" as some decent cars are turning those times. compared to a 600cc supersport which is in the high 10s.
Everything is relative. 90% of bikes on the road will beat 90% of the cars. You can't really compare a stock Harley to a sports car.

Great, now I want one. ;)
I do like 'big' bikes. I want to ride (and potentially buy) a Triumph Rocket III one day. But there is a limit. Buddy had a Boss Hoss. Yeah.... no.
We went to Myrtle Beach a couple of years ago and my buddies went on the tour with the BH. They loved riding them but no one bought one! Too big.

We went to Myrtle Beach a couple of years ago and my buddies went on the tour with the BH. They loved riding them but no one bought one! Too big.
They are honestly ridiculous but my friend that had one wasn't exactly 'right' in the head either. Matter of fact I've lost touch with him. If he's not dead it'll be a miracle.

Back
Top Bottom