• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Starter Sports Motorcycle for a tall guy

Everything is relative. 90% of bikes on the road will beat 90% of the cars. You can't really compare a stock Harley to a sports car.

I'm not talking about a "sports car". Newer V6 Accords and Altimas are running low 14s. Get a G37 sedan and thats pulling high 13s, stock numbers. My 2002 Sentra Spec-V 2.5L 4 cyl with just bolt ons was running 14.7s consistently. So no I don't believe 90% of bike can beat 90% of cars. 90% of 600 class sportbikes can for sure but even still I had a GS350 give me a hard time on 75 once.

They are honestly ridiculous but my friend that had one wasn't exactly 'right' in the head either. Matter of fact I've lost touch with him. If he's not dead it'll be a miracle.
You want fast? That things a beast.
The new guy needs to wet his beak with something that he won't die on in the first six months. Then, he should be able to buy a rocket and strap on.

This one is mine. I have owned it since 04 and have had it over 110 on GA 400 b/w 285 and Mansell Road. That's fast enough for most.
IMG_20140330_172206_5341.jpg

I'm not talking about a "sports car". Newer V6 Accords and Altimas are running low 14s. Get a G37 sedan and thats pulling high 13s, stock numbers. My 2002 Sentra Spec-V 2.5L 4 cyl with just bolt ons was running 14.7s consistently. So no I don't believe 90% of bike can beat 90% of cars. 90% of 600 class sportbikes can for sure but even still I had a GS350 give me a hard time on 75 once.
Well not sure how that can be objectively decided but I've never had a problem taking a car off a light on almost anything. Granted, I'm not talking about a 100cc Enduro vs a M5 but in general.
I suspect if you took the top 10 selling vehicles of any recent year against the top 10 selling motorcycles, you'd be lucky if 2 vehicles beat 2 bikes in a street light drag.

Harleys 1/4th mile times are low 14s to high 13s. Thats certainly not "fast" as some decent cars are turning those times. compared to a 600cc supersport which is in the high 10s.
Most riders couldn't get a standard 600 anywhere a 10 or even a high 11 but the Harley numbers is about right with a fair rider.

But a recent 600 is faster than 1000s of about 15-20 years ago.
As to modern big twins being slow? Not so much. BTW I have ridden, and still ride some of the fastest on the planet. And most 1400+ CC bikes are quite fast for the street. And way too much for a new rider with no experience.

Oh and it would take at least $50,000+ to get a factory car that runs 14s.
Takes a lot of suspension work to even get a strong motor to hook at the line.

Let me end this conversation with the best answer possible..A Scooter is like a woman, you try it, you ride it, then you know whether you want it..Nuff said Carry On!

Back
Top Bottom