• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Starter Sports Motorcycle for a tall guy

Most riders couldn't get a standard 600 anywhere a 10 or even a high 11 but the Harley numbers is about right with a fair rider.

But a recent 600 is faster than 1000s of about 15-20 years ago.
As to modern big twins being slow? Not so much. BTW I have ridden, and still ride some of the fastest on the planet. And most 1400+ CC bikes are quite fast for the street. And way too much for a new rider with no experience.

Theres a lot of riders out there that are doing high 10s on stock 600s. Absolute best times are around 10.6. Low 11s for average rider.

Oh and it would take at least $50,000+ to get a factory car that runs 14s.
Takes a lot of suspension work to even get a strong motor to hook at the line.

Seriously? Stock EVOs and STis are in the 13s all day long. WRXs, S2000s, G35sm 350Z can all break under 14s and they are less than 35k. Heck a mustang gotta be running similar times too.

Stock Integra Type-Rs were mid 14 second cars stock and they are 4cyl pushing 190hp.

Theres a lot of riders out there that are doing high 10s on stock 600s. Absolute best times are around 10.6. Low 11s for average rider.
Not seeing it in the track. Gotta friend who is absolutely world class and is a pro. He's got a kawi 600 to mid 10s but he is hardly "lots of guys"
Frankly most of the 600s I've lined up with barely make it to the 13s, but they suck. LOL
I steadily beat them on my Harley!

Seriously? Stock EVOs and STis are in the 13s all day long. WRXs, S2000s, G35sm 350Z can all break under 14s and they are less than 35k. Heck a mustang gotta be running similar times too.

Stock Integra Type-Rs were mid 14 second cars stock and they are 4cyl pushing 190hp.

Agreed some of those imports are quick as hell. Had a VW embarrass my stock late 70s roadrunner.
My price comment would be me thinking v8 muscle. Kinda a snob that way. I should know better.
That being said:
Factory prepped with factory drivers is not real world. Factory prepped is not the same as show room stock.
Again I'm not seeing it at the track. But there have been some badass imports show up and they should not be discounted.

Agreed some of those imports are quick as hell. Had a VW embarrass my stock late 70s roadrunner.
My price comment would be me thinking v8 muscle. Kinda a snob that way. I should know better.
That being said:
Factory prepped with factory drivers is not real world. Factory prepped is not the same as show room stock.
Again I'm not seeing it at the track. But there have been some badass imports show up and they should not be discounted.

The 2011 - 2013 5.0 GT will do high 12s off the dealership lot. Hell, the v6 will get in the low 14s.

I love how a topic about beginner bikes can turn into drag racing cars vs bikes, which bike is better cruiser or sportbike, or whatever has nothing to do with beginner bikes. Love it

That being said:

I've been to the track enough and read enough car magazines to know that there are a SLEW of stock cars that will run mid 14s or faster. Same as a cruiser.

Now Edmunds has the 2013 V6 Accord and Altima running 14.3 and 14.6 respectively. Those are pretty hefty, 4 door cars with a reasonably soft suspension. Running close to what some cruisers run and you going to say that a cruiser isn't "slow" by bike standards?

Back
Top Bottom