• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Starter Sports Motorcycle for a tall guy

I've been to the track enough and read enough car magazines to know that there are a SLEW of stock cars that will run mid 14s or faster. Same as a cruiser.

Now Edmunds has the 2013 V6 Accord and Altima running 14.3 and 14.6 respectively. Those are pretty hefty, 4 door cars with a reasonably soft suspension. Running close to what some cruisers run and you going to say that a cruiser isn't "slow" by bike standards?
:doh:

At 80 you can take hands off and it's straight as your hunting arrow. BTW, I was trying to keep up with all the slow cruisers..
:laugh: I'll take your word for it. I'd need a crow bar to get my rump off the seat.
I did it several times on the Valk but that's a different animal. Even then I was a bit 'alert' during and after.

Oh and it would take at least $50,000+ to get a factory car that runs 14s.
Takes a lot of suspension work to even get a strong motor to hook at the line.

Smash your head all you want but its true. A 14 second quarter mile isn't fast these days.

Man, 14's are VERY common ET's for many makes/models now. Many V6 Altima's and Accord's can do that stock on street tires. Hell, many full size trucks are getting low 15 e/ts too...

$50K gets you a car that does low to high 12's or damn close to it these days:

$55k new C7 Corvette
$33K 5.0 Mustang
$39K for a Challenger R/T Scat Pack
$42k SS Camaro 1LE

:laugh: I'll take your word for it. I'd need a crow bar to get my rump off the seat.
I did it several times on the Valk but that's a different animal. Even then I was a bit 'alert' during and after.
images

Me after a hard ride.

Cruiser = 'slow'. Have you guys ridden one made in the last 20 years? :confused:
My last bike was a Valkyrie. It was described a lot of ways. I promise you 'slow' was never one of them. :laugh:
There is a Harley Street bob in my garage at the moment but so is a Yamaha R1 so Im going yes they are slow in comparison. granted I dont ride the R1 much faster due to things like the speed limit but it is so much more maneuverable and quicker off the line.

Back
Top Bottom