• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best deal on bulk rice and beans

The Buford farmers market and Super H-Mart have plenty to pick from. You have varieties to shoose from at both places and Super H even runs sales

This. Asian supermarkets have plenty of rice. But there are a lot of varieties so you have to know what kind you want.

+1 for Super H-mart. They don't have the prices that even come close to competing with Amazon, but the quality is top notch. Because the prices are higher, their inventory has been a bit more stable through all this craziness.

This. Asian supermarkets have plenty of rice. But there are a lot of varieties so you have to know what kind you want.
Yeah if you buy just any old bargain brand of rice you wind up with a pot full of mush. Make sure you get Parboiled rice. That's what makes Uncle Ben's better than store brands. But you can get Parboiled in either 5 or 10lb bags at Dollar General. My wife packs it up in old 1 and 2 liter bottles with a few bay leaves in each bottle. Don't know exactly why but she knows what she's doing. Same goes for beans, Just get the big bags of dried beans at Aldi, Kroger etc and pack them in dry air tight containers .

Better add this product to your preps or you may give away your location or create an explosive environment since the Lower Explosive Limit (LEL) of methane is 1.25% in structures. The probiotics in the human gut do manufacture methane. A little safety can go along way.

Gas Prevention for Preps.jpg

I've heard others say they use 2 liter bottles as well. I wonder how they fit in a 5 gallon bucket or 55 gallon drum?

I'm not big on far out Chem scares, but I'm not sure I would want to store food long term in plastic soft drink bottles. Just me, haven't looked up the science on it,

+1 for Super H-mart. They don't have the prices that even come close to competing with Amazon, but the quality is top notch. Because the prices are higher, their inventory has been a bit more stable through all this craziness.

The other side is product is fresh at Super H and Buford farmers market. Both places do a lot of volume

Back
Top Bottom