• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best deal on bulk rice and beans

At Costco you can get 25 or 50 # bag for about $15. I don’t recall how big it is, but it’s a lot. The last couple times I’ve been in, it seems like their stock is much better than a month or two ago. But I wouldn’t sleep on it.

You’ll also need food grade 5 gallon buckets, Mylar bags, O2 absorbers, and a flat iron or clothes iron to seal the bags (this is if you want long term storage).

Be sure to read the calories/serving & servings per bag, & calculate how much you need for an extended period of time.

I don’t think I’ve seen beans at Costco, but you can get them at the grocery or Walmart, etc.

At Costco you can get 25 or 50 # bag for about $15. I don’t recall how big it is, but it’s a lot. The last couple times I’ve been in, it seems like their stock is much better than a month or two ago. But I wouldn’t sleep on it.

You’ll also need food grade 5 gallon buckets, Mylar bags, O2 absorbers, and a flat iron or clothes iron to seal the bags (this is if you want long term storage).

Be sure to read the calories/serving & servings per bag, & calculate how much you need for an extended period of time.

I don’t think I’ve seen beans at Costco, but you can get them at the grocery or Walmart, etc.
Actually I just saw some black beans there a few days ago. Anybody buy that yellow bag Mayorga brand coffee? The beans are in similarly designed bags.

Dekalb Farmers Market used to have 25 lbs bags of beans and rice. Don't know the current situation.

Plenty of YouTubes about dry canning beans, rice, pasta in quart or gallon jars, which to me is a more efficient way of storing them. Also kills any vermin in the product, which beans in particular will have. Beans pretty much come right from the field. Why you have to sort them for rocks.

Not sure this even qualifies but dollar generals have beans in 1lb bags and rice up to 3lbs fully stocked... nickel and dime enough you could easily have a couple hundred pounds of each over a few miles worth of driving since they are all relatively close proximity of each other.

I've had no problems getting plenty of each from Kroger/Clicklist in small bags at a good price, Amazon has some good deals at times. I'm sure Costco/Sam's has some if you are a member.

I've had no problems getting plenty of each from Kroger/Clicklist in small bags at a good price, Amazon has some good deals at times. I'm sure Costco/Sam's has some if you are a member.

My local Kroger has been out of beans and rice for months, except for the prepared stuff. Was out of pasta for a long time, but it's coming back.

Aldi has rice, but limits sales.

I should check some other stores.

i use to scoff at the "poor people" who shopped at Dollar General, then I went in one right down the road, and they have had a regular supply of TP, paper towels, cleaning supplies, bleach and so on. Plus you can get in and out right now, don't have to be associating with a bunch of folks.

My local Kroger has been out of beans and rice for months, except for the prepared stuff. Was out of pasta for a long time, but it's coming back.

Aldi has rice, but limits sales.

I should check some other stores.

i use to scoff at the "poor people" who shopped at Dollar General, then I went in one right down the road, and they have had a regular supply of TP, paper towels, cleaning supplies, bleach and so on. Plus you can get in and out right now, don't have to be associating with a bunch of folks.
Here's a decent price on rice to your door from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00852ZN2U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_eFQcFbEY1HAAR

Back
Top Bottom