• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Beer?

Wheats like Blue Moon are a good guess. The top of the heap for wheat beer in my mind is the German Paulaner with a squeeze of lemon. But fair warning...I introduced my wife to this lovely nectar and now that's all she will drink at $7-8 /six ! Hoegarten (Belgium ..I think) is second on my list of wheats. I would also try ales instead of lagers...they tend to be more round or smooth with a slight sweet taste. Samual Adams ALE is really great. Someone else suggested New Castle which would also be a good try. And a good ole Corona with a lime goes down smoothly. You can try lime, lemon or orange in almost any light colored beer and its a nice accent.

On a complete side note one thing I found odd.....

I buy dip and cigarettes for my uncles/friends sometimes on the way to meet up with them...I get carded 60% of the time...

I have now bought alcohol 5 seperate times, once at ingles, once at krogers, once at our local liqour store, another time at brunos, and had one drink at longhorns with the family......I have yet to be carded once yet....

WTF?!?!!???!?!? How does that make sense? Oh and people always say I look younger than I am, which will be a great thing later down the road...lol

Thats interesting, we've met so you know I'm well over the age of 21. I still get carded in town at the places you mentioned. I sometimes tell them they just need a key that says "old fart" when the register asks for a date of birth. Oh well, maybe they are just trying to make me feel younger!

Thats interesting, we've met so you know I'm well over the age of 21. I still get carded in town at the places you mentioned. I sometimes tell them they just need a key that says "old fart" when the register asks for a date of birth. Oh well, maybe they are just trying to make me feel younger!

Maybe its cause they were younger cashiers and they thought I wasn't 21 and wanted to let me get it....I don't know, but stupid on there part. A while back they went around here doing bust on convience stores busting all of em that sold to people under 18/21.....The gas stations are now real strict...but I think the young highschool cashiers don't really understand how much trouble they could get into by selling to someone under 21.....The cloest I came to being carded was the girl at Krogers said "you 21?" I said "yep"...that was it, never saw my ID....

Back
Top Bottom