• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Beer?

Fine, upstanding citizens, and not members of the 'Village People'. Bottom line, I don't allow the opinions of others to unduly control or influence me. Doesn't matter to me what they drink, doesn't matter to them what I drink.

Sounds like some good people to me.

And lets just be honest to anyone else out there. If you are to unsecure in your masculinity to feel you CANT drink a "girl" drink.....Then you need to take a close look in the mirror cause I think someone is trying to come out...lol

Hey, sometimes I feel like having a light, carbonated, sweet beverage. So I have a sprite. When I want an adult beverage, I have a beer. Preferably a german beer because they know WTF they're doing.

When I just want to get drunk but don't feel like having a "real" drink, I reach for the lemonade and blue berry vodka. And I don't pretend it's anything other than a girlie drink that's intended to get someone drunk with a minimum of fuss.

Drink what you want. But don't preach about not caring about opinions and blah blah with your nose in the air about how liberated you are lol. If you like girlie drinks, man up and own it.

Lol, ok you can get off the high horse now. Its really not that serious. "I don't allow the opinions of others" blah blah blah lol.

That's great that you feel confident enough to drink girl drinks without shame. Just don't pretend that it's anything other than that...all those drinks going back to Zima (probably dating myself a little there lol), they are intended to be palatable to women and still be strong enough to get enough alcohol into them to get drunk.

I never said that is all I drink. The OP was looking for options since he didn't like 'regular' beer. Nothing wrong with him trying and enjoying something else- as long as he doesn't hang out with people who jump to conclusions and try to put them down.

If by normal beers you mean mainstream American beers like budweiser and Miller...then I totally agree. That stuff is garbage borne of prohibition. If you enjoy hops try a nice IPA or Double IPA. My favorite currently is Great Divide Hercules Double IPA, or maybe try a Lagunitas Maximus. Both are high gravity, very hoppy brews.

Fat Tire is a good tasting ale that tastes nothing like the standard american lagers. Re: the sweet tasting wine cooler drinks and lemonades, those arent beers. Also, if you are interested in a hobby, try brewing your own beer. It is a fun hobby and has yielded some tasty beers for me. You can tweak the recipes quite a bit to add flavors you like and you get the personal satisfaction of creating your own brew.

I do not like beer in general but I do like a good Lager when I can find it. Some of the seasonal Sam Adams are good. I do have one drink that I always fall back on time and time again. Guinness Stout. I like my beer dark and with stuff floating in it. If it is too filtered, then I don't want it. I like a Guinness with a really good pizza. Picklefishes Pizza on Dauphin Street in Mobile Alabama has a white cheese, ham and pineapple pizza with no sauce that goes perfect with this Guinness.

I'd rather take a straight shot of rum than to drink a budweiser or any of the other watered down libations they call beer.

I have come to the conclusion I just am not much of a beer person, I'm ok with the taste, and bluemoon or plain budweiser taste the best to me so far, I want to try some guiness but have yet to.....I am a straight Vodka, or vodka and sprite person when I drink...lol

I actually make beer and hopefully i can guide you to the right golden juice. For people who don't like beer i will start them out the same way i start new cigar smokers.... with something flavored. Try a "ShOCKTOP" raspberry. OR buy some "Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat" it has a blueberry smell but the taste is not so fruity. Another good idea, go to your nearest TACO MAC and sit at the bar. Gaze at their extensive beer menu, ask the waitress behind the bar for something fruity. They will let you sample a few beers. The only problem (for me) with flavored beers is that i can only drink one due to my taste buds going flat. Also i see someone above posted the Blue Moon beer, which is a great wheat beer. If you really want to get drunk ass cooty brown, look for some Belgium beers. The Monks of Belgium make the best beers in the world. These Belgium beers cost more but they are real beers. LaChouffe Blond, St. Bernardus, Chimay (an awesome beer). Since you are a newbie, you probably should stay away from HOPPY beers or IPA beers.. They might taste bitter to you. Just remember NOT REAL BEERS are Coors Light, Bud, Miller, Corona. Stay away from that crap!!! Good luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom