• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bar crawlin' in the Macongo.....

My bug man did own Friends on the Hill. Don't know if sold it or not. The only bars I know of or remember in downtown Macon is The Rookery and Grant's Lounge. Me and a guy I grew up with went to Grant's one day back around 06 or 07. We were the only two Crackers there. They even gave us T shirts.

My first job when I was still in highschool was a dishwasher at Friends on the Hill. Two of the older waitresses in their 20's worked there and were roommates. They thought I was cute and took complete advantage of me. They taught me all about a Menage a trois. I was a very good student.

My first job when I was still in highschool was a dishwasher at Friends on the Hill. Two of the older waitresses in their 20's worked there and were roommates. They thought I was cute and took complete advantage of me. They taught me all about a Menage a trois. I was a very good student.
Damn! That's like the 13 to 15 year old boys that keep getting "Molested" by school teachers. Where were them horny teachers when I was in school.

You mean you didn't die???

I've got a buddy who lives outside Macon and says his kids enjoy going downtown to the renovated areas.

Like any city I'm sure it has its areas to avoid but boy does Macon get a bad rep on ODT.

Son #1 starts Mercer this Fall. The way ODT makes it sound he'd need to use bounding overwatch between classes wearing Level IV body armor...covered by a buddy with a ma deuce...
Long as he stays in the Mercer compound he will be find,but he’s only a couple hundred yards from complete thuggery

Do you recall a blues bar in a small brick building on Riverside that was under a bridge? Seems like it was directly across the river/interstate from the civic center.
Many years ago. Is that the one was owned by Don Brunel? The Latin teacher at Mt. de Sales?

Home now thank God. I cain't run wif de big dawgs no moe.

I took a call from a commercial client at 130 am recently. I was returning from the bathroom and my phone lit up. Anyway I'm onsite chatting with a security guard about our clients problem an hour later and I observe a lot of traffic accumulating while we talk and I mentioned it. The security guard said a couple of bars were about to open. I stared at him for a moment then asked 'closing in a few minutes or opening?'. He confirmed opening and at that point I knew I was part of the old crowd.

Back
Top Bottom